Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody else picking up Crysis 2 on Tues. the 22nd?

I have my copy (PS3 edition) reserved for me over at GS. I've kept away from the demos and a lot of the gameplay vids that have been popping up on the www. So I'm hoping to be plesantly surprised at how good the game will be.

I really want the Cryengine 3 to be a success so that it will be an awesome option for developers to bring us great games with. (Ditto for the upcoming Unreal 4 engine, id Tech 5, etc.)

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
So far the reviews have been pretty good, but the one concern is the multiplayer catching on having a fan base stick with it for more than a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've played a little of the campaign. So far I'm enjoying it. The story itself seems like relatively common sci-fi stuff, but the graphics for this generation of consoles is super nice. In that regard I have not been disappointed. Sound... it's still hard for me to put anything above what DICE has given us this past year (BFBC2 and MoH) as far as sound is concerned.

Characters move smoothly. Jumping/climbing was much easier then I thought it was going to be. There's a little ADS and idle sway to the sights, but so far not much recoil with the weapons I've used. Visible hit detection at longer ranges is hard foor me to discern, so I've been bursting the trigger more (as compared to holding it down going FA) then in other FPS games like KZ3 and MW2.

Strangely I don't recall hip firing or strafing. As I was trying to get a specific melee trophy so anybody that close was going to get grappled and not shot by me. I'll need to give it a try next time LOLS.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I really wanted to get this game, because I loved the first one, but after playing the pc demo I was turn off. It is a console port on pc and it runs really bad on my pc. I would get the game down the road when it becomes like 20 bucks or so just for the story line.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got around to finishing off the campaign. Not bad. It seemed lengthy compared to campaigns for MW, Homefront, etc.

Now I'm going back and trying to get some of the combat trophies. Throwing things at people to kill them, etc.:hehe Got the one for sliding kills and that made me happy lols.:lol2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts