Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is old news, but here's the update from the comptech website:
"When is the kit going to be available?
We hope to ship the first kits sometime this month, but I don't know exactly which day.

What is the price range of the Kit going to be?
It will sell for $4495.00.

What are the expected Power gains from Kit?
It will be somewhere in the 50-70 hp range. We will post dyno results once we install a production kit.

What is the story with the GearBox?
We strongly recommend a tranny cooler and Redline High Temp ATF. That's what we have on our car and it's doing just fine so far.

Can you post some times for us?
We don't post 0-60 or 1/4 mile times because there are too many things that will influence the outcome. We measure things on the dyno. "

He dosen't mention any times, but if you go over to the CL pages on that board, you see that he has quoted a 1/4 mile time:
"our supercharged 98 Accord V6 3.0L has ran a 14.4 1/4 mile"
:D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
T.O.Accord said:


He dosen't mention any times, but if you go over to the CL pages on that board, you see that he has quoted a 1/4 mile time:
"our supercharged 98 Accord V6 3.0L has ran a 14.4 1/4 mile"
:D
what the hell, thats a peice. :mad: If I get a nitrous kit and nothing else ill get around the same time if not faster, and save $3500. Gheeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
"excuse my language but wow thats kinda expensive. would this set up be better than me puttin gin 2-3 more gs and having my buds make me a custom turbo?"



i seriously doubt you could build a custom turbo for only that much more money; talk to l.i..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Re: Re: CT SC Update!

WhiteAccord2k1 said:


what the hell, thats a peice. :mad: If I get a nitrous kit and nothing else ill get around the same time if not faster, and save $3500. Gheeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?? THAT'S NOT BAD AT ALL. DID YOU THINK A BOLT ON SUPERCHARGER WAS GONNA PUT A "FAMILY CAR" INTO THE 13S?? BY ANY ACCOUT 14.4 IS AT LEAST A FULL SECOND IF NOT MORE OF THE BONE STOCK TIME. AND IM STILL WAITING FOR SOME ONE TO GET ON OF THESE $3,000 TURBO'S
 

· Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Re: Re: Re: CT SC Update!

l.i.accord said:
WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?? THAT'S NOT BAD AT ALL. DID YOU THINK A BOLT ON SUPERCHARGER WAS GONNA PUT A "FAMILY CAR" INTO THE 13S?? BY ANY ACCOUT 14.4 IS AT LEAST A FULL SECOND IF NOT MORE OF THE BONE STOCK TIME.
I agree....

not bad for a 3300lb sedan with an auto tranny that just barely breaks into the 15's stock :p

New 2002 Maxima auto's with 255 HP are doing around 14.6-14.7s stock. If you gain at least 50 whp with the CT-SC then a 14.4 makes pretty good sense to me. That's about even with the 2k2 6spd's :eek:

If that's not enough for you, get a smaller pulley
 

· Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: CT SC Update!

SteVTEC said:
I agree....

not bad for a 3300lb sedan with an auto tranny that just barely breaks into the 15's stock :p

New 2002 Maxima auto's with 255 HP are doing around 14.6-14.7s stock. If you gain at least 50 whp with the CT-SC then a 14.4 makes pretty good sense to me. That's about even with the 2k2 6spd's :eek:

If that's not enough for you, get a smaller pulley
[/QUOTE


AND A NEW TRANNY IN YOUR GARAGE ON STANDBY!!:p
 

· Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
true the track times are not all that impressive. you could just get a nitrous setup to achieve that, however with the supercharger the power is always there. no button to push no bottle to arm. so when that mustang gt comes up on you wanting to play you can give him all he wants, every time from a roll or off the line. one of my good friends has the TRD supercharger on his 4runner with finely tuned ecu and smaller pulley, that suv hauls ass. after we tune our ecu's with this supercharger there is no doubt we can challenge some SS's and cobras :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
lets not forget the SC with a properly tuned Unichip :D :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
WhiteAccord2k1 said:
hmm good points, but I expected more from a 5k supercharger. Maybe its just me. I def like the power on tap though.
mass produced bolt on supercharger kit's generally arent designed for prodigious amount's of power . they are designed for longevity, ease of installation and with a mass appeal price.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
l.i.accord said:


mass produced bolt on supercharger kit's generally arent designed for prodigious amount's of power . they are designed for longevity, ease of installation and with a mass appeal price.

sounds like this thing was made for me.:D Too bad te earliest i would be able to get this would be sometime in the spring of 2004 because im not allowed to have a car at college for my first year. SO my accord will be home resting in the garage for a year.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Wow! The price is a little bit high. I'm planning on getting this SC but I was hoping that the price will be around $4000.00. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I can't wait to see the output of this SC and my UNICHIP together. If everything works well, I'm expecting to see at least 265+ whp! Oh yeaahhh baby!!!:D :D :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
if jackson racing actually produces a supercharger then it will prob. be cheaper, i know they are working on it now but who knows how long it will be. last i heard they were changing to a different blower to keep from having to get a smaller battery.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top