Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kinda gains will i get if i put jdm ctr pistons,cams,head in my jdm b18c. other mods i intend to do are i/h/e.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
ctr pistons will raise your c/r to around 12:1. thats pretty high and if you dont have very good tuning and 93+ octane you will detonate.

you could just go aftermarket with everything and have a better performing motor than with ctr parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im in nz we got 96 octane so its all gud i dnt need to worry bout detonation. i know a a wrekers the specializes in hondas so the ctr parts wont set me back any limbs if thers 1 there that has hit a pole. with the i/h/e and the ctr parts wat figure can i expect in relation to power at the wheels.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
different countries measure octane different ways. i agree w/ snoopy, aftermarket parts are usually cheaper than OEM parts and give way better performance if done correctly. it's the one time it breaks the power, price and reliability rule.

but if you're really set on picking up those ctr parts, well higher compression requires some tuning, so don't expect to see anything big unless you can get on a dyno and retune the ecu to match a higher compression piston.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shit i neve knew different countries measured octane differently i thought it was one of the things like macdonalds thats basically the same worldwide. i agree aftermarket all the way but if i can get the ctr parts at the right price ill be able to get it on the dyno and get the tunning done and il aslo maintain stock reliability cause iv hears a few horrors of cams breaking. with the ctr a parts and i/h/e i reckon 20-30hp maybe upward of 40hp with the tunning or am i way off

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
vtc8u said:
shit i neve knew different countries measured octane differently i thought it was one of the things like macdonalds thats basically the same worldwide. i agree aftermarket all the way but if i can get the ctr parts at the right price ill be able to get it on the dyno and get the tunning done and il aslo maintain stock reliability cause iv hears a few horrors of cams breaking. with the ctr a parts and i/h/e i reckon 20-30hp maybe upward of 40hp with the tunning or am i way off
for the price of ctr cams brand new, you could add a few hundred more on their and have a cam and valvetrain package that'll spank ctr cams. no matter what cam, will break if installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u c thtas the thing im not going to buy them brand new ill get second hand ones from a wrekers that are devoted to crashed or damaged hondas. with this extra saving ill be able to sort out the i/h/e and put it on the dyno and will get far better results. ill aslo still have my jdm b18c internals that i can put back in the car when i sell it down the track and i can sell the ctr parts sepaeratly and get more cash. i dnt want 200whp i want more like 160whp on a budget

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
if you can get them for cheap, then go for it i guess. the worst that can happen is that it won't work out too well for you and you can sell them off really easily.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any chance of getting 160-170whp with the best a ctr has to offer an ecu i/h/e and a dynp tune. waht sort of power can i realisticaly expect. i wanna run low to mid 14s in the 0-400. waht else should i be considering

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought they were alittle bit on the high side. im hoping of running a mid to low 14sec 0-400m with the back seat out spare tyre and my sub and amps. i no alot comes to driver skill. at the mo my car is doing low 15s. can i expect a mid 14

·
Registered
118 Posts
You will be best going with the CTR cams if you are tossing CTR pistons in your B18C. I don't think that you will need more aggressive cams than that with such high compression.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts