Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out how bad it will be for your engine guys if you are looking to raise compression by installing CTR pistons in your B18C engine. This mod, along with cams, will raise your compression well beyond the ability to use modern unleaded fuel. Check out the new Honda Tunning Mag for more info. I am sending my CTR pistons back for ITR ones.

· Registered
111 Posts
their are lots of guys who run ctrs on b18's....is yours a gsr or type r...and you can run it on pump gas, you just gotta know what your doing. I hope you planned to run a big cam with all of that compression (toda B, Jun III). I mean guess its too late now, but why didnt you research before you got your pistons??You can jump on hondatech (type r forum)..and you can get some peeeps who run that high compression. CTRs are good for some decent all motor power.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you talking about more compression on top of what I just mentioned? Dude I would need to run race fuel with every tank if I included that gasket with the mods I mentioned. Spoon ITR pistons, skunk2 cams with complete valve train, and skunk2 ecu. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself in the latest Honda Tunning Mag. It advises you to keep compression below 11.1, with that being close to the max you can run on normal 93 octane. CTR pistons in a B18C (gsr) would put you way beyond that point. Check out this link

www.bojangz.com/calculator/

· Registered
275 Posts
the rece gas they refer to in the mag or what they call pump gas are the same thing anywhere but around california. in california most or all of it is limited to 91 octane gas elsewhere you can get atleast 93 and some places higher. but with propper tuning even 91 octane should saffice. check out jeff at importbuilders.com or larry at endyne www.theoldone.com they have run higher compression on 91 octane gas without problems. its all in the mixture

· Registered
111 Posts
gsr sol said:
Are you talking about more compression on top of what I just mentioned? Dude I would need to run race fuel with every tank if I included that gasket with the mods I mentioned. Spoon ITR pistons, skunk2 cams with complete valve train, and skunk2 ecu. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself in the latest Honda Tunning Mag. It advises you to keep compression below 11.1, with that being close to the max you can run on normal 93 octane. CTR pistons in a B18C (gsr) would put you way beyond that point. Check out this link

those fuckers in the hoda tuning mag can go get some chop sticks and pick the dingleberries out of my ass...11.1 is LOW compression for an allmotor car. You will be VERY VERY dissapointed with your dyno if you run at that set up. Race fuel BWHAHAHAHAHA no way man...sorry broheam dunno what your reading but they taking you in the wrong direction.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll let you know how it turns out...
I think they know what they are talking about. After all someone thought the writers tech advise was relevant enough to publish. You really want to stand up and call them idiots, when they sell as many mags as they do???

Just my 0.02

· Registered
21 Posts
well dude..to be honest I dont think they know that much about it..I mean, what kind of honda/motor backgrounds do they have? Anyone with money and an editor can publish a mag, just go look at the magazine racks..lol. Anyhow, I have a b18c with JDM ITR(P73 00) pistons and ENDYN exhaust vavles..my compression is about 11.5:1...no race gas needed at all. 92 octane all day long. I just wish I would have gotten CTR pistons...compression makes a world of difference IMHO..

· Registered
15 Posts
gsr sol said:

Well the Toyota Celica GT-S has a stock compression ratio of 11.5:1, and that's a bone stock setup straight from the factory. I'm sure they left plenty of room to raise the compression for an all motor race setup. Now if 11.5:1 is safe enough to put a warranty on, with 92 octane pump gas, then surely you can run that compression or higher in a modified engine. I've even seen those engines used in turbo applications, but I'm not sure if they lowered the compression or just use really good engine management.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.