Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cusco makes camber plates for the 97 accords and I was looking at using these to adjust my camber after installing coilovers. I'm most likely getting the D2 or Tokico coilovers. Does anyone think that these camber plates are worth it and are they reliable?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
no, those are camber plates, they definately adjust the camber. I don't have any information on them but cusco generally makes good stuff...

I would really recommend lowering the car first to see how it sits. when you get an alignment get it aligned with 0deg of toe in the front. The toe is what eats your tires, not the camber.

I actually got a camber kit so that I could give myself more negative camber.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
buzzzam said:
Cusco makes camber plates for the 97 accords and I was looking at using these to adjust my camber after installing coilovers. I'm most likely getting the D2 or Tokico coilovers. Does anyone think that these camber plates are worth it and are they reliable?

D2 is making their coilorvers with those camber plates for any car that accepts those. I have D2 on my 4th gen lude and my car does not accept this type of plates so my D2 has just the normal aluminum purple finish ones on them. I think that no other honda, at least from that year range, accept those camber plates but if your car does it will be incluted in the D2 kit, if it does not included in your kit don't buy an extra kit from an other brand, just buy a upper control arm type camber kit. ;)

ps. I think only cars with McPherson type suspension accepts those plates. :rolleyes

...Just my 2c. :byye

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Buffalo] said:
ps. I think only cars with McPherson type suspension accepts those plates. :rolleyes

...Just my 2c. :byye
Are you referring to the Cusco plates with this comment? I know the d2 plates won't work and I haven't found any type of control arm camber kit for the 97 accord unless your talking about the adjustable ball joint which I have noticed aren't really reliable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still stuck on deciding on what camber kit to purchase. Eibach makes a kit but i'm not sure on quality.
http://www.drivewire.com/performanceparts/eibach/hondaaccordalignmentkit.html

Also does anyone have a link to an upper control arm camber kit.
I just recieved my Tokico coilovers but don't want to install them until I am able to adjust the camber and have it aligned properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.