Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did a little bit of work to the inside of my car, and I wanted my ebrake to look like it goes with my shift knob and bag, but it is all one piece, so I cant just put a new grip on it. Has anybody thats had this problem done anything creative?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i havent done it myself, but i thought you jus have to cut the rubber down as far as the e-brake knob and jus stick the knob on...but as i said ive never done it so i could be wrong... :eek

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vtec_accord94 said:
i havent done it myself, but i thought you jus have to cut the rubber down as far as the e-brake knob and jus stick the knob on...but as i said ive never done it so i could be wrong... :eek
I would like to try that, but I am afraid it wont work and I will have an even uglier ebrake, I went to the dealer and they didnt know either. :idiots

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
well I took apart my console and theres two bolt things that hold the vinyl boot, the end is hot glued down so you'd have to cut it off with big scisors. I did it to mine, it worked fine.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
i thought i had a "direct fit" replacement ebrake handle so i measured and what not thinking i could cut the entire rubber stock e-break off b/c it looked like it was going to fit and and guess what, it didnt fit. so now i have a stock e-break that is all skinny and a rusted black metal :cry

·
Registered
14 Posts
i currently changed my e-brake handle too because it started to turn black (original color taupe) haha

but anyways mines fit but not the perfect fit because it was either too damn long or too damn narrow but i can stick it on and screw it in just that its a bitch for me to push the button becaus ethe piping is a bit too long...

if you find one that fits perfect, post!!!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
ephyouckay said:
i currently changed my e-brake handle too because it started to turn black (original color taupe) haha

but anyways mines fit but not the perfect fit because it was either too damn long or too damn narrow but i can stick it on and screw it in just that its a bitch for me to push the button becaus ethe piping is a bit too long...

if you find one that fits perfect, post!!!
PLEASE! there has to be someone out there that has a perfect fit AM E-break handle?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts