Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

custom headers vs dc, comptech ?

937 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Johnny Tran 
#1 ·
which headers is absolute best and shows most gains in low end and torque ? a good mechanic friend of mine said he will build be a custon headers that will have gains much better than dc sports ? wat u think ?

#2 ·
Heres a link to the great header test...

http://www.automotiveperformanceengineering.com/header.html

I would not get a custom header made. Hours and hours of research and dyno testing go into these headers, and unless your an all out drag car, I bet your guy won't be able to match up the results throughout the whole range of power.

If your interested in low end be sure to get a 4-2-1. I would say that for the price the comptech piece is the best...Look at the results.

#8 ·
Af22,
Hows your Icebox coming along? I switched over from an AEM Cai and I love it. As for the headers I'd definitely go with Comptech and yeah, DC does sound cheap and they aren't that great in quality. (j/k) Comptech headers are Stainless steel not *ceramic and is TIG welded not MIG. Meaning better craftsmanship.

*most DC's people get are ceramic

#11 ·
sam: my icebox is great, but it gets dirty way fast.... i have it so air is forced directly into it.

I met another guy with a Dc sport ceremic header, and it sounded completely diffrent from mine. But i have heard alto of stories of the ceremic version fallign apart, thus i got teh SS one... but the SS one doesn't feel good on teh car at all...

#12 ·
That's great to hear DC headers are shitty, considering I just purchased some. Although, I do hear from just as many people how satisfied they are with them.
I still don't understand what it means to have your header feel 'shitty' on your car. I would think a no name brand would be shitty, but DC is a reasonable company. I will be the judge.

#13 ·
Re: well i was planning to get cams ?

mclean987 said:
what u mean by run like shit ?
Sorry I guess that came out wrong...

The Toda header is designed to go with upgraded cams, I mean you can use it with your stock cams, but you'll lose low end power. It has a 2.5 inch collecter, and for 1000.00 your a lot better off going with the DC or comptech. Don't get me wrong its a great header, but it's not going to give you the results you want without upgrading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.