Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this guy that can CUSTOMIZE my trunk for around 4000, he will be installing a JL Audio Setup for me:

2 10 JL Audio W7s
2 Way JL Audio Component system
JL audio Coaxials
JL audio Amps

he will do everything such as dynomatting, plexi glassing, etc...WUT I WANT to know from you guys is do you think it is a good price or should i continue searching around...thanks

· Registered
1,531 Posts
4000???????..Jeez thats alot of cash. Do you have any knowledge of how to install audio stuff? If you do then you can reduce that price a great deal. Thats alot of cash and IMO JL isnt worth that cash. I think you should continue searching and research a little bit more before throwing out 4000 on a system.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
i'm going to get flamed for this..but you can get 2 10" brahma for cheaper and they will sound equally as good and still get very loud. as for amp..i like the good ol JBL 1200.1. how much are the speakers? i can find deals that will cost equal to the JL and sound just as good, and a big chance it will sound better too!

· Registered
2,113 Posts
..oh yea! arc audio! the finishing touch of the amp is so beautiful!. on some of their amps..you can change from 12dB xover to 24dB with just a push of the button..

someone tell me that ain't good lookin':p

· Registered
1,531 Posts
SHES A BEAUT!! lol yeah 4000 is a shitload for JL thats what I was thinking and I hate JL for some reason. Maybe its because they're used by everyone and their mamas lol. Damn and I could only muster a 149.6 today at the crank it up contest, FREAKEN A pissed me off.

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I doubt you will be finding people with 10 w7s...haha, and I want to go with JL Audio, I dont like to mix and match stuff want to go with a one set up...my car has plans thats why im trying to find a place to cusumize my trunk with all JL audio equipment...already my car is uniquely different from others...

· Registered
222 Posts
$4,000 is just way too much bro!! :eek: he must have seen ur ass coming or sumthin. and i have to agree, that JL Audio equipment is not the best shit to get for the price you would be coughing up. have u gotten another quote from another local audio shop? if it were me, i would talk w/ another shop and see what price they offer... u'll see how much cheaper it'll be. Plus this way, if u REALLY want this guy to customize ur trunk, u can counter-offer w/ the 2nd price u went and checked out. thats my .02 cents anywayz

· Banned
846 Posts
well, if your going for the "different" theme, good luck with JL. like stated earlier, everybody and there mamma has or has had JL. Not worth the money, not even close IMO. But its your money, if you are going to go with that set up, try and talk him down with the price. Thats a bit much. We are all DIY people here, thats why you got all of these faces::eek:

My own personal preference is to do thingslike that myself so i know the job will be done right. But, its your car, your money, your idea. Go with it!;)

Edit: Go look around at some of the SQ Shows and see how many people are using all one brand. As stated by some of the best in the SQ business, its better to mix and match.

· Banned
846 Posts
lol, yea, i can do fiberglass work. It wouldnt be too hard to learn yourself.

I learned how to fiberglass with my uncles houseboat. We had to redo the whole deck of it because the wood rotted underneath and the glass was broken up from people stepping on it. He neglected to replace it for a long time and offered to pay me to do it. So he bought all the stuff i needed, and i went to it. Practiced a while with the mat, and eventually got good at it.

If you want to learn how, tomorrow i will look for the link that helped me learn.

All you need is:

Fiberglass Resin/Hardener
Fiberglass Cloth/Mat
some Fleece (something like T-shirt material)
Good wooden roller to get bubbles out
some Body filler (bondo)

i will get you more info on it tomorrow, i dont have time to type it all right now.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
using fiberglass resin can be kinda fun..just messy. lol. anyways..so many people down in cali that i know of has W7 subs now. they're telling me that my future 15"s will sound sloppy and their 10" will hit quicker. :rolleyes:

· Registered
841 Posts
Just ask yourself if you are willing to spend $4000 on a system....don't ask us. We don't know that it's worth to you....I have no clue what your bank account looks like, and I don't care to know either :).

I do all my own custom glass work myself, so of course I would never pay 4000 for an install.

You should take some time and really check out this guy's work...top to bottom. If he's going to make it really trick, and it's worth that kind of cash, do it, don't worry about the price, and enjoy it.

It would really help if you posted some photos of systems that will have similar labor. Then we could at least give you an idea if you are getting ripped off....remember custom work like that is expensive.

Where did those Arc Audio pics come from? I have never seen them on the net. I can definitely say that they are very well built and nice looking (I have a black crome 4150 and 2500 awaiting install :D !!

· Registered
424 Posts
hey man im selling my system, i posted it on the forum.... the inhumans will sound great bu hit way harder then those 10w7,
i am selling everything for super cheep to so u can stil get a phat install done it u want all the plexi work done........ but concerning you Q... thares no way on gods green earth i would pay that much for that stuff......

· Registered
2,113 Posts
rcurley55 said:

Where did those Arc Audio pics come from? I have never seen them on the net. I can definitely say that they are very well built and nice looking (I have a black crome 4150 and 2500 awaiting install :D !!
it came from ampmanaudio.com. i think they are one of the few authorized arc audio dealers, if not the only one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.