Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advise!!! This is not for OEM / JDM stock look-a-like cars... :hehe

Since I have been waiting for over 4 months for a VIS Carbon Fiber Invader Hood and f....g N.A.S.A is still buying carbon fiber all over the United States I decided to go some other route, which is good because I really didn't like the lines of the Invader look... it drawed more lines on top of the hood edges. So a good friend of mine helped me out in coming with a new customed fiberglass hood.

You see... I kind of liked the Predator hood but something about the lines and the side scoops was "hard to swallow" :ninja The idea and shape seems like a good alternative but it needed more harmony with the lines.

Here are some pics, bare with me ... it just got out of the molds. And some final touches need to be made before bonding these two together. :D

***edit***
I beleive I should make the front holes a little smaller, maybe a one inch less width... but since the grill is gray and the paint is gray it is hardly noticable. ;)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
you did that yourself???
and you have a fiberglass mold???

holy shit. fuckin props :btu

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
considering the car its going on i think it will flow nicely :ninja :tu

·
Registered
864 Posts
crdcz03 said:
considering the car its going on i think it will flow nicely :ninja :tu
:lmao

It would go perfect with your car too! :clap With the new JDM Type-Rzo0rz front lip.

It reminds me of the hood I bought in NFS: Underground...

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
snackpacks said:
:lmao

It would go perfect with your car too! :clap With the new JDM Type-Rzo0rz front lip.

It reminds me of the hood I bought in NFS: Underground...
you're just jealous b/c they didnt make a 5th gen Type-R :hehe

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all the good comments... you guys have put a smile on my face. :D

DrivinVtec said:
hummm..i call BS. I need proof u made this hood.
Easy, take a look at my signature pic and look at the hood there. All I did was get some fiberglass with a friend and make two molds. Since I wanted something similar to a Predator Hood but with better lines if you look closer the "gills" lines are symetrical with the front end corner hole lines as well. Don't worry I'll get more pics later. ;)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TeQniKue said:
i say it looks sick on the sexy yr preludes 92 96
enways y u sellin it is it a automatic lol, i hate lazy drivers :clap
good work on that hood :byye
Thanks for the compliment :D, where do you get the idea that I'm selling? :confused

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gansedrifto said:
dang, how hard is it to make a hood like that ? looks nice, just need to be painted now though. i didnt know your car was auto? no ? :p
I thought it was going to be hard but all you do is have the space you need and the fiberglass materials... there's really nothing to it really but to cut it the way is scooped now that was a little difficult. I will be finished with it by next week painted and installed.

My car auto? :fu

·
Registered
14 Posts
For sale PM me :
- Right Side JDM OnePiece Headlight (untouched)
- Right Side USDM New Headlight
- Alternator (65k miles)
- Digital Temp Gas Cluster (mint)
- Front & Rear & Suspension Bushings (complete)
- Both Front Brand New in Box OEM Honda Axle Bearings
- Passanger Air Bag New!!!
- OEM Springs (65k miles)
- P/W mechanisms & motor

oh oh my man your sellin stock crapola , i though your sellin da lude , i was about to say theirs something wrong with u hehe , but truefully is your car a 5spd or auto
she looks nice good job my precious will look love at first sight'' reviews''
so she is lil show n alot of Go!
peace.....1

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TeQniKue said:
For sale PM me :
- Right Side JDM OnePiece Headlight (untouched)
- Right Side USDM New Headlight
- Alternator (65k miles)
- Digital Temp Gas Cluster (mint)
- Front & Rear & Suspension Bushings (complete)
- Both Front Brand New in Box OEM Honda Axle Bearings
- Passanger Air Bag New!!!
- OEM Springs (65k miles)
- P/W mechanisms & motor

oh oh my man your sellin stock crapola , i though your sellin da lude , i was about to say theirs something wrong with u hehe , but truefully is your car a 5spd or auto
she looks nice good job my precious will look love at first sight'' reviews''
so she is lil show n alot of Go!
peace.....1
Hell no!!! Too much work put in and a lot of love for this baby. Thanks for the complements soon enough she'll be ready to roll ;)

BTW it is a little show and soon enough it will be a lot of GO!! :ninja

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.