Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
neons = rice = but now i guess rice = nice, LOL.................

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ITR_typeR said:
Actually doing underseat neons, bulb completely hidden from view.
Rice, um sure but rice is generally hated and not liked and from what i've seen and heard from several people, they actually liked my previous setup.
Not only that but it serves some function because it allows me to see the floor at night if I drop something and it starts rolling around or some other ish. I'm doing white neons and not all blue, or i mix intermix them, still not sure yet.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nfscg said:
why remove the clock?
Had a 4th gen accord previously and the clock was up on the dashboard. Like in the middle so it was very easy to see. The 5th gen for some reason honda moved it down to the location just above the stereo in which case, takes your eyes off the road for a few seconds. My headunit displays time too for now and when I get my fold out monitor, the time will be displaye on that, only much bigger.
(Avic-n1)

So i figure why keep this stupid clock in here when it serves me little to no real purpose and I figured might as well clean it up a bit anyway so rather than just slap bondo I removed it completely and put the plastic plate in place.
If I ever wanted to, I could switch back but for now I dont see a need to.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
yea I agree, I wanted to put a boost guage in place of my clock on my 6th gen accord, but I voted against turbo for now. My cd player has an lcd screen that can display the time anyways hehe

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
And here is the rest of the rice
...img...img..img
:mwaha I am riceboy hear me roar! :evil :ahh :akuma
Don't those blue led on your guage cluster blind you at night?
I was thinking of doing that, but after I saw a few pics I thought,
that it was too bright.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
theforeman said:
i love teh tyc's.
Thanks; you got them too f00!!!
:hug
hahaha I found out your issue on the HID too, the focal point for the HID capsule and the h1 bulb are different. Some modification needs to be made to the housing itself in order to clean up the beam a bit.

viet_83 said:
that is a very nice sedan. way to keep it clean too.
Spanks, I have been told its not very nice cuz it looks STOCK. lol
Its undergoing some interior work still so it is still ghettoed to shit on the inside but when its all done I should be a lot happier. At some point this year it will also undergo an engine swap to either a n/a built h22 or a h23 dohc vtec swap.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
ITR_typeR said:

Why rice? I used underseat neons instead of a dome light, a lot softer on the eyes and it's purty. I just had mine hooked up to the door trigger, no need to turn them on an any other time. I'm getting ready to do red in the wrx as soon as I finish my red LED dash.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
buhahahahahahaahahha I have neons on the top of the foot rest, on the underside of the seats, hooked up to the switches.
I have two white neons in the trunk hooked up to the trunk light power line. (I removed the trunk light)
So now.....MUCH brighter and useful.
I found that trunk light to be kinda useless cuz it was so smallish and stuff but these neons add a touch of brightness hahahah I just wonder if they will hold up to the bass waves beating on them.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rhdune16 said:
looks real nice. The install is clean as hell. Could you give some info on how you did it or a DIY. PROPS!!!
On the blank plate?
Um, dremel, and a "project box" from radioshack is all you need.
That and some epoxy glue.
The clock is screwed into the console so all you do is unscrew it, cut the project box down to the right size, and then glue it down. hahahahh Sounds so damn simple huh hahhahahahahhhah It's pretty easy to do; jus cut carefully and keep sizing it up by placing it on there and only cut a little bit every time. Oh yea.......get safety glasses too, and...uh......make sure you do it somewhhere that you dont mind all the plastic everywhere. This cutting makes a damn mess hahaha

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
what you think is rice might not be to another person. If youre so damn quick to call someones car rice, then lets see yours dear. im so sick and damn tired of that word from people who dont even know the real definition of it. But anywho, always looking clean Kevin, 2 questions. Do you have a write up on those side markers? and how in the hell do you get your car to shine that well?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hndasedan1 said:
what you think is rice might not be to another person. If youre so damn quick to call someones car rice, then lets see yours dear. im so sick and damn tired of that word from people who dont even know the real definition of it. But anywho, always looking clean Kevin, 2 questions. Do you have a write up on those side markers? and how in the hell do you get your car to shine that well?
Why the hell does everyone always ask me about how I keep my car clean and shiny? I dont do anything special at all.........like seriously........ lol I just wash it like every week?..........nothing special at all and if you look at it right now its pretty damn dusty and dirty hahahah.
I dont have a writeup on the sidemarkers because they were such a bitch to install and those tinsnip things that peeps said worked..........didnt..........it just ended up twisting the metal horribly so I used a dremel hahaha

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
lol well it looks clean as hell, you can see yourself in it, at least in that picture. You just saved me some time and hardwork on those side markers, I know if you had a hard time, hell I would have an even worse time.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts