Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
ummm, the pic in ur sig isnt right, thats is not a b18c-r, thats a jdm b16 wit a red valecover or a b16 ctr motor.

see the valve cover, all b18 has BIG DOHC and small vtec
b16 have BIG vtec and small DOHC, any one see the difference? :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
WhiteTegRacer said:
ummm, the pic in ur sig isnt right, thats is not a b18c-r, thats a jdm b16 wit a red valecover or a b16 ctr motor.

yeah your wrong

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
nice vid, setup, and pwnage......rep for jo0! :tu

·
Registered
55 Posts
WhiteTegRacer said:

Yeah, you are very wrong. USDM valve covers have a big "DOHC" and a small "VTEC" while the JDM valve covers have a big "VTEC" and a small "DOHC". Not to mention that the USDM valve covers have "Honda Motor Company" and the bottom while the JDM valve covers have just the HONDA symbol.

·
Registered
543 Posts

thats my motor in my sol. Is it just the jdm gsr motor? or the type r motor? ive herd different things from different people. even the shop i got it from said it was the jspec integra motor, no specifics. sorry to go off topic, and oh yea, sweet ass rex.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
HondaRacingB18 said:

thats my motor in my sol. Is it just the jdm gsr motor? or the type r motor? ive herd different things from different people. even the shop i got it from said it was the jspec integra motor, no specifics. sorry to go off topic, and oh yea, sweet ass rex.
its a gsr motor, the intake manifold gives it away

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are two JDM motors that have the same block stamp of B18C. The two engines are the B18C-R (ITR) and the SiR-G (USDM GSR). The way you can tell them apart is the head stamp (ITR's have a PR-3 stamped on the head), not to mention the intake manifolds. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts