Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
skatin_emcee said:
what's the point of even cutting it...
Easy access to the cam gears. If you have aftermarket cams, you need aftermarket cam gears (adjustable). Having direct access to them makes it easier to tune them, instead of removing the shield everytime, which can be a bitch over and over again. There's a company that sells the moon-cut valve covers, but you can also just do it for free :tu

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that would be the easiest way, I'll just do it like that, instead of using the "moon" look. I'll just leave a little lip left, just to make sure I don't get any timing belt issues, lol, that looks scary like it could slip :|

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
tha_con said:
I think that would be the easiest way, I'll just do it like that, instead of using the "moon" look. I'll just leave a little lip left, just to make sure I don't get any timing belt issues, lol, that looks scary like it could slip :|
well when i get my gears im gonna make moon cuts in the plastic so i can adjust the gears easier.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Top End Motorsports sells them precut. Of course they sell them for $400+. They add $200 to the price just for the mooncuts! Laser cut or not, that's the rip off from hell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.