Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so the right front makes noise now when I accelerate and turn
to the right. I've searched and most comments are that you would need
to replace the axle. Instead of replacing axle, would replacing the cv boot and regreasing the joint stop the noise?

·
Registered
286 Posts
is the cv boot actually torn? is it leaking grease? which one is it?
make sure you know what the problem is before you try to fix it...

·
Registered
286 Posts
alright, well that would be a pretty decent tear tho, unless of course the boot was packed incorrectly to begin with,, in which case it may have leaked and need to be repacked. from my experiance, i have always figured just replace the entire axle while your at it if you've got the cash... but other people may tell you differently.

·
Registered
296 Posts
with the return of your damaged axle, you can get an axle from autozone for $60ish. They also have a lifetime warranty so if it ever breaks again you can get another one free.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
if it is clicking then you need an axle... if you had seen the tear before it started clicking you could have just regreased and replaced the boot.

its too late now tho... you need an axle

topper: i doubt that warranty covers the boot. which is the part that most often fails. how often do you hear about people breaking an axle? almost never

·
Registered
79 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I noticed their was grease on my tires. And i was confused so i took of my tears and i noticed that the boot had a decent tear. But i've been putting it off. I first noticed sounds coming when i turned to the left. It was like i was dragging something. So now i have to replace the axle(s)? Since its both on my left and right tire? Or can i just replace the boots?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.