Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody have this issue? I have a 94 prelude vtec. It started a few days ago. It sounded like the wheel is about to fall off. If the car is rolling, there is a clicking type noise coming from the rt side of the wheel. If I step on the gas, the noise is not as loud? Are prlude known to have bad cd joints? How much will it cost to prepare this? Also notice that the CV rubber boot is bad.

Thanks,

Ko

Any performance after market parts?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
most likely the cv joint is bad especially if you noticed the ripped up/broken boot. you can get a rebuilt axle for about $100 (you get $50 back when you return your old one) and change it yourself if you feel you're up to it and have the tools.

·
Registered
242 Posts
changing axles=way easy. rebuilding and putting those damn ear band clamp things back on=way pain in the ass. it'll probably take about 1-2 hours start to finish to replace your axles, but rebuilding mine today took me about 3 hours just to do that...and i had the tool for the clamp...that was the big pita, and getting the bearings into the cup...but it's done. Napa was able to get one in 3 hours for $63.95+69.99 core, auto-z was 69.99 plus 25 for core and more waiting. I just borrowed the snap-on clamp tool (which didn't help much) from a friend at the honda dealership, and put it in a vise to keep it from moving...

·
Registered
78 Posts
you know I had something similar happen to me. but then I found out that my lug nuts weren't on tight enough. sometimes its just as simple as that but that was just my mistake for trusting the impact wrench.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If you hear the clicking noise when turning left/right while moving then most definitely your CV joint. But as far as the wheel bearings go, they sound more like a grinding when moving forward/reverse, and sometimes if you are pulling into a parking spot and then straighten the wheels out, you may hear some popping noises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.