Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's fuggin' awesome dude, check it out tata, one of these IT freaks is so pissed off about gettin' all of his sh!t fecked up that he's gone through and edited all of my posts, and probably all of your posts too.

:hehe

That is freakin' hilarious, that it bothered somebody so much that they did that sh!t. Check it out, "I like cum in the eye" and "scissor me xerxes"?? :lmao
These **** don't rate to lick the Tata Nano's balls, but they can take its load.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Misfire hoda accord v2 2000

My Honda Accord engine light came up after the engine warmed up, shut off then restarted. The question is how to update the pressure regulator and pcm? Also how much roughly the cost if the job is done by the Honda dealer?

for the 01 av6, is it a constant misfire all the time? there is only one egr port and if it's clogged you won't get a misfire at all. however, if the egr is stuck open, it may cause a misfire.

do you have access to a scantool that can read engine data? if so, get the freeze frame data(or the live data) and check that the tp sensor is at .5v +/- .02v and the egr is no more that 1.25v. if that's the case, replace the egr valve with a new honda valve. j

i'm not sure why you replaced the cat if you still have a misfire though. usually this year has no misfire problems at all.

also if you can read live data, check the map reading with the engine fully warmed up at idle. ideal is .88v.

did you have any work done before the misfire started?
do you have any other symptoms?

for the 00 av6, the same thing above applies. however, there is also a fuel pressure regulator update with the pcm if your vehicle falls under the vin range. what's the vin number?

the updated fuel pressure regulator and pcm increases the fuel pressure so the fuel doesn't boil in the rail and cause a misfire, usually after a 'hot soak'(car is fully warmed up, shut off, then restarted shortly after shut down).

any other symptoms?
when you say it's constant, if you just start the car and watch the engine at idle, you can see it shaking from a misfire? to simulate a misfire, disconnect one of the coil plug connectors at idle. that is a misfire, how the engine shakes like that.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts