Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
building another D for boost. Wiseco or Supertech pistons? aiming for 350-400 whp. love the wisecos but i can get the Supertechs a bit cheaper. the Wisecos yield 9:1 and the Supertechs yield 8.8:1. anyone had any experience with these?

and dont say vitaras. z6+vitaras=7.5:1 cr and .067 piston to deck height.
aka doodoo.

· Registered
9 Posts
building another D for boost. Wiseco or Supertech pistons? aiming for 350-400 whp. love the wisecos but i can get the Supertechs a bit cheaper. the Wisecos yield 9:1 and the Supertechs yield 8.8:1. anyone had any experience with these?

and dont say vitaras. z6+vitaras=7.5:1 cr and .067 piston to deck height.
aka doodoo.
lol thats a funny one cuz ive seen alot of vitara built sohc's make 400 + hp whats funny is im running a vitara built and 3 of my buddies did wiseco builds mine is still running and puts down 405whp and theres all went boom before they made the 300whp mark but it doesnt really matter what pistons u run the tune means everything so glwt....

· Registered
1,221 Posts
lol thats a funny one cuz ive seen alot of vitara built sohc's make 400 + hp whats funny is im running a vitara built and 3 of my buddies did wiseco builds mine is still running and puts down 405whp and theres all went boom before they made the 300whp mark but it doesnt really matter what pistons u run the tune means everything so glwt....
he isnt knocking the vitaras but the comp ratio they take you too barely lets the car idle.

nick go with the supertech. they cost less and are made the same way as the weiscos. on top of that look into tuner toys rods.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah buddy im not knock vitaras. its a cheap way to get lots of power out a d but its not my cup of tea. the piston to deck height is .067" on an unmilled block and that kind of gap leaves room for detonation. yes you are correct. its all in the tune but id rather have less risk and higher compression. compression+boost=torque. and i love torque

· Registered
782 Posts
Go with the Supertech pistons. On my first Del Sol Si with a D16Z6 I did Weiscos and Vitaras. Everything went well until my #3 piston cracked and broke into like 4 pieces. They make a decent product but when the going got tuff the part disintegrated. Of course this is only my opinion from my own experience...but...oh well.

I think I have a picture of what the piston looked like when it was done....I will try to find it.

Oh, and I did have a good tune and wasn't detonating. It was simply some weakness in the piston. As a matter of fact Weisco replaced the piston under warranty...which was nice. But I sold that car and am on to a new one.

I guess I could say buy Weisco since they were cool about the replacement and all but I have a couple of buddies who bought Supertechs and they are still running and I had to rebuild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.