dc sports 4-1 header
testpipe
apexi cat back
motor d15b7 manual

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was gonna put on bigger injectors and possibly a rising rate fpr. the setup isnt on the car yet but what i was thinking to do. suggestions are welcome. the only things on the car right now are the sri, test pipe and exhaust.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
bluestreak1 said:
i was gonna put on bigger injectors and possibly a rising rate fpr. the setup isnt on the car yet but what i was thinking to do. suggestions are welcome. the only things on the car right now are the sri, test pipe and exhaust.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but rising-rate fpr's rise when boost presssure is applied to the vaccuum line, otherwise they act like just another fpr. Anyways, on a mild all-motor setup you would probably use either bigger injectors OR higher fuel pressure, but both wouldn't be necessary for your plan.

Do you have mini-me on that B7? I didn't see you mention a VTEC head which means what will you do with that Zex VTEC cam?

Huge t/b and intake will help maybe a little, not lots of return on that investment unless you got some other head than stock like the Z6, Y8 or even a Y7.

First thing on the list to actually buy is the header. That you can count on, and regardless of what else you do you can still use it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my bro said the cam would work. guess not but ok. the header i'm sure to get but i just wanted a lil boost for minimal green. its show but i want some go now. its not a daily driver thats why i'm not investing in a turbo but i wanted between 14-15 sec times. i would get a new head but stuff around here seems to be ridiculously expensive (md). suggestions welcome

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Most people ditch their 96-00 non-VTEC sohc heads in favor of the VTEC swap, so you might try to get one of those for cheap. The D16Y7 is the best non-vtec sohc, it has smaller chambers and bigger valves. It's basically a Z6 head minus VTEC. YOu might even try to get a Y7 engine complete so you have extra displacement, 1.6 instead of 1.5...

Hate to bum you out about the cam, but VTEC cams don't work in non VTEC engines, and vice versa. On the plus side you can get a non-vtec cam for about 1/4 the price from Delta Cams.

14-sec for nearly no investment in a B7 is a dream, but honestly if you shop smart for the right combo of parts, low 15s are a reality without VTEC for relatively low investment. A 96-up DX engine will drop into your car, put a cam in, chip your stock ecu, I think you'd be impressed.

·
Registered
471 Posts
sri? if you go nos, look into fuel mod's, pump, injectors, fpr, etc. not sure which one would give a better air/fuel ratio will using nos though. a air/fuel gauage maybe a good idea. detenation is the big thing here. nos with fuel mod's on stock d15b7 should be pretty fast.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I'd also recommend swapping in an Si/EX tranny. The gearing is much better for acceleration, and if you get a chip to remove your rev limiter you can get back the top speed you lose in each gear. And it's pretty cheap too. I did this in my Y7, it makes lots of difference and cost me $165. A bigger difference than any of your other mods will make and less money than a header too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i want to be able to do the work myself cuz labor around here is a bitch. i dont trust myself nor my friends to attempt to replace my engine. the head swap from a y7 i feel confident i can do . so lets say i get the y7 head and get it p&p. match it up w/ the 65mm im and tb a delta cam w/ the 50 shot. yoiu dont think that would yield sub 15 times. i'm just askin b/c i've seen dx's run i/h/e w/ nitrous and pull off a 14.8

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
guest said:
probably. what chip did you use klungemonger.
I don't have a chip currently, I have an OBD2 computer which can't be chipped. After I get going on my ported head/ Y8 manifold over the winter, I'll put the Delta cam in and do the OBD1 conversion then decide which chip to use. A Hondata box would be nice but for $230...a bit pricey.

the ZEX/Comp Cams 59300 works just fine with N2O
On VTEC engines...he doesn't have one!

BLuestreak - the all-motor work + nitrous should definitely yeild times in the 14s! I'm just making suggestions that will help driving under any circumstances even when off the bottle.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
kommon_sense said:
I have a spare y7 tb (w/o sensors) sitting on the shelf. Not sure if it is the same as the y8. Cover shipping and it is yours.
Thanks anyways, but I got the Y7 t/b now. Since I'm putting the Y7 t/b on a Y8 manifold I need the sidedraft style rotor/spring assembly. It'd be a plus if it had both rotor tracks, 1 for the throttle cable and 1 for the cruise control cable.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
bluestreak1 said:
the header i'm sure to get but i just wanted a lil boost for minimal green. its show but i want some go now.
um did anyone else catch this part??

running nitrous isn't the same as forced induction boost pressure so the rising rate fmu won't work for a situation like that.

it's "boost" alright but it's a different form, although not "un-fun" by any means :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i know you were just being nice and thinking that i didnt know what "boost" is as in psi for a turbo. when i said boost for lil green i meant boost in hp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts