Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... Me and UltraM met up at Irwindale for the 1st round of the 2005 D1GP series. After getting our passes we went to attend the media press conference/opening statements. Here's a few pics. w/ some comments... I hope I can remember what was going on correctly. :p

I posted other pics in the OT forum. Here's a link:
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212077

We walked through the pits, and made our way over to the infield where the conference was going to be held. I guess this was around 7:30-8am PST.

Pictures of Kazama & Imamura's "Vicory Stickers" they earned for winning past D1 rounds.

Top 10 Seeds had their cars out for display prior to the opening press conference. Here's a few shots.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Opening comments to the media corp w/ obilgatory race queens. :number1

Tanguchi & Imamura in front of their HKS & Apexi rides.

Ken Nomura (Nomuken) walking away from his Blitz sponsered Skyline.

Steve brought his shiba inu ( :btu ) to the show & posed it in front of Matsuda's 86 for me. :clap

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
US peeps attempting to qualify into the D1 qualifying round. (Pre-qualifying, qualifier... :eek: )

Verena Mei's car.

Clug 4AG / Formula D Peeps:

Yoshie from Technosquare's 86. :aww

Hiro's 86

Taka's 86. I believe Moto P the webmaster of Club4AG actually owns this car.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Homie should have let the panda drive, as he didn't perform well and did not make it out of the US qualifier.

Japanese Pros taking to the track for a quick practice session:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Falken sponsered euro dOOd (center, frowning) thoght he performed well enough to move out of the US qualifiers. :rolleyes He wasted Tsuchiya's time whining about how great of a guy he is and how he could do no wrong, and Tsuchiya was making a mistake but no rejudging his runs, etc.... :g

NOB's S15 getting serviced at the Yokohama booth. The new drift spec tires were stacked over on the left in the pciture. Other then HKS, I know Yokohama was also providing them to the Club 4AG peeps among others.

Gen Terasaki's (guy in sunglasses & crossed arms) Autobacs SecoHan sponsered S2000 :number1 ("BEFORE" Picture...)

Gen Terasaki ("DURING" Picture... :clap )

Gen Terasaki ("AFTER" Picture... :cry )

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
that dog is soo cool. those cars were tight

·
Registered
75 Posts
that looks like it was really fun, is there going to be anymore around here?
sick pics bro

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
adamH20 said:
that looks like it was really fun, is there going to be anymore around here?
sick pics bro
Drift Day 12 is on the 12th of March (Sat.) out at Fontana. ;)

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
dude i was there at D1 today!! it was awesome! the final battle rockeddd so bad. didn't take any pictures though.. apparently you can't bring in video cameras. oh well. i had fun.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ Me and UltraM were down by the barrier when Orido spun his Supra out and took out the hay bales in the round of 32. :eek

Look for me if you see any pics. I'm standing right there in an orange shirt and black hat. Standing in front of the white p/u truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts