Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I was wondering what si distributor does the d15b take is it the d16a6 distributor, or is it like the d16z6 distributor, and do the 91 crx si spark plug wires fit this engine, and what plugs do I get for it? thanks

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Im pretty sure you can use the Z6 dizzy as they are both almost the same motor in comparison. Both SOHC VTEC motors pushing about 130hp only diff is 1.5 vs 1.6 IDK the answer I would say try it and see

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im probally going to be using the pr3 and a vtec controller if I can get my old zc stuff sold. Im thinking on keeping it all obd0, one more question for you guys is I have a buddy in the honda dealership I work at who gave me a dizzy I belive is obd1 the part number is td 41u, would this work. my other question is since this is a vtec engine does the distributor have to be a vtec dizzy? and if this dizzy would work which wires go where on changing plugs for my wiring harness? thanks for all the help

edit: well this dizzy is for a 92-95 del sol what all would I have to do to switch it to 0bd0?

·
Registered
714 Posts
You cant run an obd0 dizzy with an obd1 ecu, the crank, tdc and cyl position sensors have different ohm ranges. A td41U is a 92-95 Dx distributor. If you stay obd0 then the A6 dizzy is fine. You will have to modify the legs on the a6 dizzy to work with the mount points on the D15B head tho.

Get plugs and wires for a 92-95 D16Z6, as a matter of fact most mechanical parts besides the rotating assembly(bottom end) are the same as the Z6. But if you change out the timing belt get the belt for a 92-95 D15Z1 VX motor.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The z6 also came in the del sol. I'm using the a6 dizzy and it works fine but, like sonictronic said, you have to modify the holes on the dizzy for them to line up on the head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts