Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thanks to vietsols response i was aware that a d16 is used intstead of a d15.....But is it possible to use a delsol s engine to combine with a sohc vtec head? Or can it only work with the d16?

·
Registered
112 Posts
it can be done its about the same process as a ls vtec jus doin it with a d15 block and a d16 head it gives you about 125 hp and 111 tq at the wheels stock preperly tuned so it does make a diff and mabye with blotons a nd a cam you could keep up with si's and ls's. it jus takes time and a little money

·
Registered
448 Posts
yea thats 130 hp bro at the fly wheel and u gonna have to run 91 octain gass cause ur compression is bump a few points and u can prob keep up with gsr if u know how to drive

·
Registered
727 Posts
well, D15 mini-me is possible, but the thing is with the D15, the headbolts don't line up correctly. You either have to have it tapped or re-done. It's not an easy swap to do at all. It requires lots of time, patience, and knowledge of the engine components. Yeah, it will also raise up your compression significantly. But don't count on the D15 mini-me to be in and out in a few days. It will take you a good amount of time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
vite sol u dont know shite so stfu

d15 and d16z6 or d16y8 makes a mini me

head bolt go righ t in with no problem doint this swap will only take u at the most 4 hours all u need is si timing belt si distrubitor and si head gasket and u need to remove the oil plug on the d15 block the d16 head will bolt right on and u might need to do a little valve adjustment and ur ready to role and its not that hard!

dont listen to vite sol he dont know shite and trust me i did this swap on my sol

·
Registered
727 Posts
oight dude, damn... u aint gotta be hatin. I'll admit i'm wrong. I'm sorry i disturbed anyone. Don't listen to me. I'm just babbling ok? and especially sorry to you crappy sol. Didn't mean to cause any hate.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info crappy sol, and dont worry bout it Vietsol. I just wanted to know if the d15 would work, I appreciate all the help regardless if it might be a lil miss leading. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
355 Posts
crappy sol said:
yea thats 130 hp bro at the fly wheel and u gonna have to run 91 octain gass cause ur compression is bump a few points and u can prob keep up with gsr if u know how to drive
not ture. I had a friend w/ a CR-VTEC running 11.6:1 compression and he ran 89 octane and it ran just fine. If he ran 87 then itr would ping. If all he's doing is bolting a SOHC VTEC head on a D15 block he's gonan have same cpmression as a D16Z6. Which I believe is 9.8:1 so he would be fine on 87 octane. Unless he's building the motor and running like 11.6:1 or higher compression. And also if he leaves it stock it'll give him 125hp and 107lb/torque @ the flywheel. Plus whatever his small hp gains from simple bolt on's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been there done that Mini-me with a d15b7 and a d16z6 head. It lines up fine. no problems at all and its easier than a d16z6 swap.

Sinner

·
Registered
346 Posts
Why mess around with it when you can pick up the entire d16z6 for 300 or less, and drop it right in? I don't get the point. If it's a 4th gen civic, I get it, but this is stupid...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hooked up a mini me in my car in less than 8 hours total time. It wasn't hard..it was very easy head bolts lined up just fine...I did it with a D 15b7 block and a D16z6 head...it was very simple

·
Registered
611 Posts
okay...mabye i missed the point of this thread or whetevr but this 'mini me' setup....can i do it on my 98 sohc vtec? like put a b16 head on it or whatever? i know nothing about this...give me your knowledge..haha i know i could just search but...im lazy ha

·
Registered
20 Posts
i was thinking about this and looked at the specs and was wondering. if i bored the block out a bit, used oversized pistons this would give me more cc's. could i use d16 eagle rods and d16 forged pistons in a d15 block with the d15 crank? the reason i ask is that would give me a 84.5 stroke and 137mm rods. this would give me a rod to stroke ratio of 1.62 compared to the 1.52 ratio of a d16. that should boost power(this is the reason the b16a motors make so much power for their size. any thoughts info on this?

·
Registered
124 Posts
How much experience do you have to have to do this swap? I have basic tools, and i know pretty much a engine inside and out, but never really swapped engines and what not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts