Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who will sell me his d15 out of his Civic hatch for 100 dollars. Do you guys think its a good deal because I'm not sure how long my engine is goning to last and his only has about 90k on it and i know its in good condition because he's real anal about his car. I figured if i got it I would maybe turbo it and or mini me swap or both :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
isnt the d15 a jdm motor?
130hp? or so?
eh.. would make for a nice low boost project since ur getting it for 100..
hell u could buy a used turbo kit for about 800 of hmt and bolt it on swap the motor and be running decent boost..
but thats just me..:D
or u could send it to infin and let him build u a sohc monster..
hehehe u crazy animal u..
any updates on ur build up infin?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
WIKKEDV15 said:
isnt the d15 a jdm motor?
130hp? or so?
eh.. would make for a nice low boost project since ur getting it for 100..
hell u could buy a used turbo kit for about 800 of hmt and bolt it on swap the motor and be running decent boost..
but thats just me..:D
or u could send it to infin and let him build u a sohc monster..
hehehe u crazy animal u..
he's probably speaking of the d15b7 out of a DX, 1.5 sohc non vtec. you're talking about the jdm d15b, 1.5 sohc vtec. i don't think it's rated quite that high, maybe about 120hp or so?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I mean the d15b7. Thanks for the replies I thought it was a good deal but i wasnt sure

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
WIKKEDV15 said:

It will be up running, tuned, and broke in by Dec.7th. thats our Axis vs. allies auto-x run. gotta be there to represent the land of the rising sun.

The motor is assemble, and I have all the parts I need to get it running except the hondata stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i think 120 hp is an over statement. i have the d15 b6, from stock crx hf. its only runny maybe 80 with an intake. the b7 has maybe anouther 15 - 20 hp, i would say 105 -110 tops. i have an site address that has all honda acura motors w/ engine #'s and hp / tourque numbers. ill see if i can find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts