Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a stock D15B2. I want to fix this up as a quick means of a daily driver. I was wondering if this is a good platform to build off of. I'm just aiming for some minor mods. CAI, intake, turbo, exhaust, nothing too big. And I'm not trying to go crazy with the turbo. All I'm curious about is whether its a good strong platform to build off of, what parts I should go with, and whats the base torque and hp this engine has? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Well if you want it to be any quick then turbo is really your only choice. The d15b2 is definitely NOT a performance engine.....but with turbo it will move and still put a smile on your face. I suggest doing some thorough research on custom turbo setups.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really, thats all. It feels like its pulling more than that, might just be the weight. It's kept up with a GSR and Crown Vic w/ the police interceptor motor. It pretty much pulled passed a Camaro today (long story, bad ending). It does pretty good on speed, but it's probably just the weight of the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
if those other cars were actually trying to pass you then you would be left in the dust.

Don't get me wrong...there are a few things you can do to make it pull harder..even keep up with a GSR...but as it sits right now.....no way

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, with the GSR and Crown Vic, we were racing. I kept up, didn't pass, often, but was pretty much on their ass the whole time. And the guy in the Camaro was racing me, I didn't know though, I was just driving. I ended up getting pulled over because of this guy. It was a base Camaro with some drivier who couldn't drive for anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.