Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a d15b7/z6 mini me, and i'm thinking of picking up a SOHC JRSC. With the motor being high compression, along with the combonation of the supercharger would the b7 rods be able to handle the stock boost? the stock boost pulley is about 6-8lbs. Supposedly on most d16z6's it puts down 150-170 whp after tuning. Would i see more power being higher compression than a regular d16Z6?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
You should be fine but make sure to get good fuel management and get it tuned. Keep me updated as I would like to see what power you make if you do this.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
you are only slighty higer compresion then stock,not even a full point(if you used stock headgasket) the stock pully on a jrsc is 6psi,there is no fluctuation of boost since its belt driven no matter what you do it will only pump 6psi,only way to up the boost is change the pully.

170whp is on a VERY good tune, with just the Jackson Racing FMU they get about 145whp so with actual fule and timing tunng 170whp is posible

all mentenance for the car,an adjustable cam gear,nice header,testpipe ,and a nice exhaust will get you 170whp

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
In all honesty, I wouldn't put the effort into supercharging a d15 unless you can get the jrsc for a steal. I haven't seen a particularly impressive dyno for the jrsc setup on a d16, so I would be very concerned that it wasn't worth the money on a d15.

As for the d15b7 bottom end, I've seen a number of folks dyno > 200whp on the bottom end, but they always pop sooner or later. The good thing is that they are cheap to replace.

Also y8's that I've seen with the jrsc land around 140-145whp. Thats a 35-40% bump over stock which is about right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.