Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my spark plug wires keeps popping up/off, form the actual spark plug,any ideas what would cause this.The rubber boot on the wire looks fine,spark plug is tight.....i just hope there's not a crack some where.....

thank for any help.

·
Registered
518 Posts
im guessing your ruber thing on the top isnt on right so its causeing it to pop off, if i was you i would squeze the bottom of the spark plug wire a little then put it on and make sure the rubber thing on top is on right

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sick_civic said:
im guessing your ruber thing on the top isnt on right so its causeing it to pop off, if i was you i would squeze the bottom of the spark plug wire a little then put it on and make sure the rubber thing on top is on right
werd, ill try that.......thanks.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
The whole setup itself is the stock parts, its just the wire itself that aftermarket. Plus it was doing this before the wire change. I blame it on Quikstop. It all happened after I got the oil changed, which really didn't look like it was changed at all. One friend said it might be the ring is cracked, another said its a busted rubber seal where the vavles are. The car runs fine though. Which confuses me. The only time its a problem is when I go from highway driving to slow stop and go city driving, or occasionally when I hit redline, or so I believe its redline (no RPM guage).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.