Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a good turbo kit for my 97 ex, but all the kits i see are for $2000 and up. Im sure there must be a good sohc kit for between $1000 and $1800. Im not looking for incredible power so i don't see why i should be spending such a large amout of money. :confused:
can anybody help me out?

thanx

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The GReddy turbo kit for the EX can be had for like, 1400 bux on GroupBuyCenter. Not to mention, many places sell it between your price range.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
The greddy kit is a decent deal, but it's also missing a few things the ohters include, namely a BOV, Intercooler, and injectors. So if you can source those things yourself, than I'd say the greddy kit is a great starting point.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
}{erbalis said:
im also gonna go with da greddy type-s bov,

any suggestions for an intercooler?
If you want good fitment with the GReddy turbo kit without needing custom piping and whatnot, might as well just go with a GReddy intercooler as well.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The Greddy Turbo is small, u will want something bigger, but for you 1st kit, can't go wrong

Get a 92-95 EX Kit, and just use the Blue box for a bit
Jonny racer car intercooler on Ebay
and a BOV of your choice
High Flow Fuel Pump
and a FPR and Fuel Filter and Rail
Be Savage Like me and run 12 PSI :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
}{erbalis said:
im also gonna go with da greddy type-s bov,

any suggestions for an intercooler?
search ebay.. a guy named tyrus makes ones for cheap that are so bling bling i cant even tell you.

we ordered one for my friends dx w/ greddy kit and it just fits (perfectly though) and is huge and beautiful. look into it.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Once you start accesorizing the Greddy kit, it's not so cheap anymore. To do it right your gonna spend some cheese either way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts