Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how, if possible, i can put a 1st gen teg motor in my 95 civic. the motor is the DOHC d16a1 and i was wondering what mods if any i would have to do, and if any place makes intakes and headers for this motor, b/c i cant find any

· Registered
660 Posts
it will fit,but you will need new wireing i belive, and new
motor mounts, cause i think they will be located in different places.

· Registered
7,625 Posts
Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

eg8b20turbo said:
get a b20 man they kick booooooootyyyyyyyy........:D
:rolleyes:

I think he's got something more affordable in mind or he'd have asked about a B-series.

I won't flame you as it's your first post, but before you really get into the board please read the posting rules and look around to get a feel for what goes on here. I the Tech forum, ask questions or make yourself useful to others. Welcome and enjoy your stay! :)

· Registered
2,222 Posts
DOHC Civic said:
I was wondering how, if possible, i can put a 1st gen teg motor in my 95 civic. the motor is the DOHC d16a1 and i was wondering what mods if any i would have to do, and if any place makes intakes and headers for this motor, b/c i cant find any
like everybody already said don't waste your time. if you're on a budget either save up a little longer or get a d16z6.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look im not stupid, i bought 2 89 integra motors for dirt cheap and i was just asking if they would fit if i wanted a stupid sarcastic answer i would have asked for one, I know it wouldnt be easy, maybe even pretty hard but it still has more ponies than the stock DX motor out of the 95 civic, and i have found pretty much all of the basic bolt-ons for it, plus im goona get the head done and buy all new internals for it, so if you have any problems with this please let me know!!!!!!

· Registered
11 Posts
Yes you can...

Anything is possible right??

I swap'd in a DOHC ZC motor in my 92 VX hatch.....the ZC is the JDM version of the 1st gen Teg motor.....

From what I have heard the us version has different motor mounts and will take custom mounts to swap in........certain versions the ZC motor drop right in with obd1 wiring.....in order to do that...you'll need to find 92+ ZC.....they are pretty rare but easy to find if you look.......that motor came in some special edition EG hatch in Japan..it's obd1 and the tranny is hydro...but the tranny is no where to be found...just the full motor......you'll have to use a 94 plus TEG LS ecu......

This motor rates at 130-137 horse and 108lbs or torque....

and whoever said not worth the time?? Stock VX 92horse.....that's a lot less than the ZC..and I got DOHC!!

Any questions hit me up in AOL IM...same name

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.