Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wonderin how easy it would be to fit my 1st gen teg motor in my 95 civic. I was also wondering if any places u guys know of make headers and intakes for the d16a1, b/c i cant find any. thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
im just wondering, but why would you wanna swap your d16a into your 95 civic? wouldnt the engine you already have be faster in the civic?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Why is it that everytime someone aski about swapping in a D series people freak out ? The D16A1 is capapble of alot more then you think. As for the answer to yur question,YES,companies make just as many parts for it as any other honda. It's just listed as a ZC/or just D-series. Single Cam Exhuast manis will fit with little if any modification. Intakes are a little different.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
BlackBob said:
Why is it that everytime someone aski about swapping in a D series people freak out ? The D16A1 is capapble of alot more then you think. As for the answer to yur question,YES,companies make just as many parts for it as any other honda. It's just listed as a ZC/or just D-series. Single Cam Exhuast manis will fit with little if any modification. Intakes are a little different.
:clap :clap :clap

Very well said,the Z6 is a better engine though(than the D16A1)

·
Registered
204 Posts
md420 said:
:clap :clap :clap

Very well said,the Z6 is a better engine though(than the D16A1)
I beg to differ,

They D16A1's japanese protestuted cousin the ZC has more ticks up it' sleeve then the A1considerably. However that doesn't make the A1 adead fish up the compression,bore it a little with some head work and "initially" you have the same motor. If I had my choice I would take the JDM ZC DOHC. Bore it over .020 use Iron sleeves,all fearra valve work,2 angle valve job,springs,and Custom set of cams. Top it all of with about 25 to 30pounds of boost. Expensive,YES,pointless,well depends on who you ask...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.