Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sory if im asking a stupet question but im a newbie at these i read some turbo proyects some people have use a mitsu injector but witch ones eclip from what year and do i need a fuel pump and presure and some one please tel me what a wastegate function is on a turbo kit becus a read to many article Im comfuse now, i have everyting already i tink
-turbo from a concuest mitsu stoc turbo wit no wastegate?
-i have the custome piping all ceramic cot
-extrenge cain off air coler i ting these came off from a turbo diesel truck my freand wived to me anyhow i tink i well get a beter looking one
- HF manifold already with the custome adapter
-oil and water I/O hoses
-HKS Blow-off
-Exhaust downpipe
What im forgeting how i control the psi im to comfuse to keep reading any help thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
ill try to help you out but exactly what are you asking .. im kinda getting confused about your question.. and what car is this for.. a mitsu or honda...

to read the psi get a boost gauge and a boost controller manual or electronic will control the boost and i do believe you have a wastegate but its an internal wastegate... good luck..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
you can use mitsu injectors... you just have to lean them out, because 450's are a little too big, so youll also have to get an afc or something like that...

·
Registered
278 Posts
the waste gate releases your exhaust gases. the way it functions is .
if your boosting 8 psi it takes 8lbs of pressure per square inch to force the gate open and give you your boost.
thats why the more you boost the longer it takes to spool because it takes more pressure to open the wastegate.
i hope this helps you to understand what the wastegate does :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts