Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AkronCrxSi said:
I say just go find a d16z6 head so you can have vtec and port and polish that
I say that's borderline retarded and very ignorant, if anything I'd slap a y8 head on there but even still that's a waste of money. I'm highly considering the Integra XSi motor which is affectionatly stamped 'B16' I feel to get 170 hp a LSD and "real VTEC" for only $2000 thats a damn good deal. Wouldn't that engine look great in my Tahitian Green engine bay??

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
The best thing to do is find a cam you want to use, then go to a reputible head shop, tell them the specs on the cam then have them port your head out. A good shop will port it out with a lot of time on the flow bench to make sure each port flows the same and flows up to the lift of the cam you have selected. To get the full potential also go with oversized valves. If they do a good job I would say you could get about 50-60hp but it would kinda be a dog at low rpm. This will give you much better gains then just raising the compression ratio alone. It is also safer.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
BOOSTED B18 POWER ALL THE WAY!!!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
RockinthEFhatch said:
I say that's borderline retarded and very ignorant, if anything I'd slap a y8 head on there but even still that's a waste of money. I'm highly considering the Integra XSi motor which is affectionatly stamped 'B16' I feel to get 170 hp a LSD and "real VTEC" for only $2000 thats a damn good deal. Wouldn't that engine look great in my Tahitian Green engine bay??
i'd say youre borderline ignorant and retarded. he didnt ask which motor would be best..he asked baout head swaps. if he could afford an entire motor swap, you think he would get one. also, y8 heads are not the best flowing either. the d16z6 head flows better. and i wouldnt call a 100 dollar head swap a waste of money if it yields about 30 horses. so before you say something that is borderline ignorant and retarded, remind yourself what the topic is and how you plan on responding.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ksniperfox said:
i'd say youre borderline ignorant and retarded. he didnt ask which motor would be best..he asked baout head swaps. if he could afford an entire motor swap, you think he would get one. also, y8 heads are not the best flowing either. the d16z6 head flows better. and i wouldnt call a 100 dollar head swap a waste of money if it yields about 30 horses. so before you say something that is borderline ignorant and retarded, remind yourself what the topic is and how you plan on responding.
:clap

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
njn63 said:
it took me a good 30 seconds to realize the first and third posts were by the same person. I think you're bipolar. You have any clue what decent port work is going to cost and how little of a gain it'll yield? And then you call a mini-me swap a waste of money... I know you're trying to learn and that's why you're asking this, but don't bash people trying to help you. They probably know a shitload more than you.
:tu.... And why would you waste money on a ported A6 head to later get "REAL" Vtec...And what exactly is "FAKE" Vtec?
You have no right to bash the guy trying to give you advice and it was good advice at that...to later contradict the purpose of the thread. You're asking about getting power out of a sohc head and your next response is you're going B16 :rolleyes

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
njn63 said:
it took me a good 30 seconds to realize the first and third posts were by the same person. I think you're bipolar.
I think one personality uses a sig and wants to build a D series, and the other doesn't use a sig and wants to swap a B16 :lol2

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
u can go b16 all you want...but keep in mind

engine-2g
motor mounts-500+
axles-150+
misc stuff to change on a used jdm motor- 200+
clutch and flywheel- 800+
lsd- 250(didnt go to hmotors to check)

so for you to get your stock b16 swap your looking at 3900 if u do it yourself and do it right

for a d series head swap

d16z6-100-250
hell lets even go turbo then
t3/t4 54 trim turbo-around 500
t-manifold- around 200-300
bov- 30-100(used)
misc turbo stuff-up to 500

so shit you could be pushing around 200 hp and a shit load more torque than a b16 for under 2g

your b16 doesnt sound liek a good choice now does it?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
hondapride59 said:
u can go b16 all you want...but keep in mind

engine-2g
motor mounts-500+
axles-150+
misc stuff to change on a used jdm motor- 200+
clutch and flywheel- 800+
lsd- 250(didnt go to hmotors to check)

so for you to get your stock b16 swap your looking at 3900 if u do it yourself and do it right

for a d series head swap

d16z6-100-250
hell lets even go turbo then
t3/t4 54 trim turbo-around 500
t-manifold- around 200-300
bov- 30-100(used)
misc turbo stuff-up to 500

so shit you could be pushing around 200 hp and a shit load more torque than a b16 for under 2g

your b16 doesnt sound liek a good choice now does it?
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

turbo my a6 sounds pretty good.Dose anybody kno where to find quailty internals?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts