Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
and yes borgwarner with their extended tip technology is awesome. they guy i bought my honda from is going borgwarner twin scroll on his 700hp+ build on s2k

btw i'm not endorsing you get a $1300 turbo from garret either. but a nice turbo with decent waste gate and proper tuning and the rest of the parts are ebay will be fine. but i wouldn't cheap out on turbo or wastegate...and by cheap out i mean ebay brand. you don't want to go through 2-3 turbos in 2-3 months. the downtime and pita status alone make it annoying. and do not use an FMU. that's like going ass to mouth with the local whore unprotected and then letting her give you a snow ball
:lol

Man you say you want the car to stay reliable, but then you want to throw an unreliable part at it. I'd say get ready to be Jeepin.'

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
you'll really be PO'd when the FMU fails and and you melt your pistons or burn valves or overall destroy your block. i'd rather use a piggyback :fear

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
you'll really be PO'd when the FMU fails and and you melt your pistons or burn valves or overall destroy your block. i'd rather use a piggyback :fear
i thought honda kids were using fmu's still, OK SO NO FMU THEN :) didnt know they were that bad. so ok fuel, i need to address that. If i run 5psi on this lil turbo I might be ablr to use the stock tune? Im really not up on the obd2 honda stuff. I use torque app on my android fone and want to stay obd2 since it lets me datalog . so a few question, and yes Im looking too but figure it doesnt hurt to ask.

1. whats the best fit size, or limit for a 96 civic 4 door? dont want to hack up anything if at all possible, like bumper core.

2. best way to supply oil to my turbo.

3. obd2 tuning options

by the way a 2002 dodge 5.9l diesel came in my work today, its a fairly big holset but seemed not so big.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
people who tune obd2 use an odb2--->obd1 conversion harness and obd1 ecu. i would get a chipped ecu with a base tune and baby it to a tuner to get tuned.fmu just raises fuel pressure based on the amount of boost it sees. not very accurate......

best way to supply oil to the turbo is a steel oil line and tap the pan for oil feed.

nobody tunes obd2. they run standalone or chipped obd1. it's not an american car. people use piggybacks and fmu's and that isn't real tuning. you have no control over injector pulse width, timing, etc.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
there must be people tuning obd2 as its a flashable ecu, no chip burning, i dont wanna be buying burn2 and ostrich and all that crap to tune the car with TUNERPRO RT which is my choice of free tuning software. I can tune the car if i find software that will let me write the bin to the ecu but it may be too much hassle.
Ive got my inter cooler dimensions figured out but havent found a good deal yet. Imgunna get a kit for a 96 civic. as far as my d16y7 intake can or should i swap to a tradition d series one like the d16y8? all kits are base around fitting that style.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
there must be people tuning obd2 as its a flashable ecu, no chip burning, i dont wanna be buying burn2 and ostrich and all that crap to tune the car with TUNERPRO RT which is my choice of free tuning software. I can tune the car if i find software that will let me write the bin to the ecu but it may be too much hassle.
Ive got my inter cooler dimensions figured out but havent found a good deal yet. Imgunna get a kit for a 96 civic. as far as my d16y7 intake can or should i swap to a tradition d series one like the d16y8? all kits are base around fitting that style.
hondata maybe?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
maybe...i still need to figure out the oil thing, u need pressure, u dont tap, the pan except for the return, the feed must be pressurized. i have heard bad shit ABOUT CHEAP EBAY OIL LINES. ANYWHO.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Megasquirt or neptune. Cheaper than hondata

You can find free tuning software easy but its the hardeare your paying for. Im sure you realize you cant write files w/o a daughter board. Get neptune rtp and call it a day

Or get a megasquirt ecu for even cheaper and retain your factory ecu? Pretty sure ms2 is good enough for a 4cyl, obd2 distributor ignition system

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Or get a megasquirt ecu for even cheaper and retain your factory ecu? Pretty sure ms2 is good enough for a 4cyl, obd2 distributor ignition system
use mega squirt with the factory ecu?
a daughter board is a mega squirt deal... right? why cant you write to a obd2 ecu? you can on other cars that are obd2 you just need the right software and a obd2 connection.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
use mega squirt with the factory ecu?
a daughter board is a mega squirt deal... right? why cant you write to a obd2 ecu? you can on other cars that are obd2 you just need the right software and a obd2 connection.
from what i've seen. people don't flash obd2 honda ecu's...most i've seen is the rsx-s

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
from what i've seen. people don't flash obd2 honda ecu's...most i've seen is the rsx-s
i wonder why. must be a reason, or no one has developed cheap enough software.

on a different not i was told today by several people this turbo is way too big.
Im confused, i thought it was a medium size if not small. the thing say to4e t3/t4
T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo Charger .50 A/R T04E T3 T4 STAGE 3 RSX K20 RB25 Miata HP 450

Turbo Charger T3/T4
3" Inlet and 2" Outlet
Hybrid Journal Bearing
Oil Cooling
450 HP
M10X1.25
T3 Flange
0.50 A/R Compressor Wheel (Cold Side)
EXD: 3" (73.55MM)
IND: 1.99" (57.75MM)
Trim 48.9
0.63 A/R Turbine Wheel (Hot Side)
EXD: 2.2" (75.46MM)
IND 2.56" (52.76mm)
Trim 61.9
5 Bolt Standard Hot Side
25-35 PSI Peak Power Performance Output Capability
Comes with Gasket and Nuts
Exactly Same as the Picture Below

so is this too big??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
find a compressor map. and how much power are you looking to make? and i doubt those specs are precise tbh

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
find a compressor map. and how much power are you looking to make? and i doubt those specs are precise tbh
i cant find anything, its a ebay turbo, lol, but from what you see is it too big???

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
big is relative. where do you want your power and how much power do you wish to make.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
big is relative. where do you want your power and how much power do you wish to make.
friends say its too big that i cant spool it for nothing, that its more for a v8 car

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
There arent many other 0bd2 cars can you write over the factory VE tables and air fuel map. Kpro is the only one i know and you obviously need a k series ecu. Tner like SCT,hypertech, or aem fuel and igntion controller arent real rom editors, their like advance piggybacks.

With neptune you solder a cable to the spot where the prom chip goes and you can
Connect your laptop to the board directly. But i think you have to downgrade to an 0bd1 ecu.

Megasquirt is a little different. You can run megasquirt to control stricly fuel, or fuel AND igntion and have your ecu wire seperate but controlling everything else. But a warning, MS is more DIY so be prepared to make your own board and/or harness. But its not too difficult

Yu could also run megasquirt as a piggyback if you really wanted to.

depending on where you live MS might be the way to go. In pa they connect a tool to the 0bd2 port so i HAVE to have my factory ECU or i wont pass emissions.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
my friend has a spare megsquirt he offered to me with a daughter board it was set up for a supra originally $100....im in the same boat, emissions, the plug it in the port so realistically obd1 isnt a option
There arent many other 0bd2 cars can you write over the factory VE tables and air fuel map. Kpro is the only one i know and you obviously need a k series ecu. Tner like SCT,hypertech, or aem fuel and igntion controller arent real rom editors, their like advance piggybacks.

With neptune you solder a cable to the spot where the prom chip goes and you can
Connect your laptop to the board directly. But i think you have to downgrade to an 0bd1 ecu.

Megasquirt is a little different. You can run megasquirt to control stricly fuel, or fuel AND igntion and have your ecu wire seperate but controlling everything else. But a warning, MS is more DIY so be prepared to make your own board and/or harness. But its not too difficult

Yu could also run megasquirt as a piggyback if you really wanted to.

depending on where you live MS might be the way to go. In pa they connect a tool to the 0bd2 port so i HAVE to have my factory ECU or i wont pass emissions.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
This show up today after i got home from work. pretty nice quality for what it is and they took some time cleaning up the casting. Im impressed.
this was from the taco taco ebay place or whatever aka beyond revolution aka herman li. quick shipping but never gave me tracking info and it came fed ex

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
i dont think this will allow me to keep my a/c....anyone know for sure a manifold that does allow a/c. and why do some have compressor on drivers side instead?
ive been reading pages and pages of old threads, its not lookin good for the home team

21 - 40 of 63 Posts