Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
they have mini ramhorms that are a/c compatible...but i don't think they're on ebay

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
I personally would've already pulled the old shit off and figured it out for myself. :shrug:

I'm stupid impatient though.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
is it too big bro? what are your thoughts, see how i clocked it? wondering if the oil spots have to be a certain way. Im such a newb lol. i dont think i can put this on the car as is with out building a motor first. 5 psi from a large turbo isnt the same as 5psi from a small one

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
what are the exact wheels specs again?
Turbo Charger T3/T4
3" Inlet and 2" Outlet
Hybrid Journal Bearing
Oil Cooling
450 HP
M10X1.25
T3 Flange
0.50 A/R Compressor Wheel (Cold Side)
EXD: 3" (73.55MM)
IND: 1.99" (57.75MM)
Trim 48.9
0.63 A/R Turbine Wheel (Hot Side)
EXD: 2.2" (75.46MM)
IND 2.56" (52.76mm)
Trim 61.9
5 Bolt Standard Hot Side
25-35 PSI Peak Power Performance Output Capability
Comes with Gasket and Nuts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
First you have your numbers mixed. Thought many sites have it incorrect, Im pretty sure inducer is the air inlet and exducer is where the air exits. So your inducer on the cold side is going to be smaller than the exducer. The Inducer on the hot side should be larger than the exducer.
0.63 A/R Turbine Wheel (Hot Side)
EXD: 2.2" (75.46MM)
IND 2.56" (52.76mm)

Trim 61.9
You got your numbers mixed up. Well your conversion numbers anyway, and 2.56" converts to 63mm, not 75. With that being said Trim and a/R arent enough info when comparing 2 complete different turbos. I can show you larger turbos with smaller A/Rs and wheel trims.

All in all because your inducer on the hot side is 63 mm, comparing to other turbos. I would assume that your probably going to get somewhat laggy spool. 16g on Evos have a similar turbine size, which is about 68mm. But their also running on a great flowing head, which is then being compressed by a 2.0 block, and hitting boost threshold a little before 3k, IIRC. I cant remember how well 16gs work on 1.8s, so as far as 1.6, i think your getting close to your limit for a turbo with good midrange response. But i didnt factor in housing size which is a little harder to tell, even if you did have two A/Rs of two different turbos. A/Rs are just ratios, I actually prefer real measurements like cm^2 (BTW there is no "Real" conversion for A/R to CM^2). With that being said depending on the size of the t3 housing will determine characteristics of boost threshold as well.

But "too big" is a relative term. I like midrange, others like peak numbers

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
First you have your numbers mixed. Thought many sites have it incorrect, Im pretty sure inducer is the air inlet and exducer is where the air exits. So your inducer on the cold side is going to be smaller than the exducer. The Inducer on the hot side should be larger than the exducer.

You got your numbers mixed up. Well your conversion numbers anyway, and 2.56" converts to 63mm, not 75. With that being said Trim and a/R arent enough info when comparing 2 complete different turbos. I can show you larger turbos with smaller A/Rs and wheel trims.

All in all because your inducer on the hot side is 63 mm, comparing to other turbos. I would assume that your probably going to get somewhat laggy spool. 16g on Evos have a similar turbine size, which is about 68mm. But their also running on a great flowing head, which is then being compressed by a 2.0 block, and hitting boost threshold a little before 3k, IIRC. I cant remember how well 16gs work on 1.8s, so as far as 1.6, i think your getting close to your limit for a turbo with good midrange response. But i didnt factor in housing size which is a little harder to tell, even if you did have two A/Rs of two different turbos. A/Rs are just ratios, I actually prefer real measurements like cm^2 (BTW there is no "Real" conversion for A/R to CM^2). With that being said depending on the size of the t3 housing will determine characteristics of boost threshold as well.

But "too big" is a relative term. I like midrange, others like peak numbers
i think it might be to big to fit anyways without notching the blocks web cast, I believe Ill be using it on the eclipse instead. a 2.4l stratus motor would spool it good i think, or i could order a seconf one for twins on the 5.0 :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
if it's too big get a cam and head work with adj cam gear :p
you know as well as i do this turbo is too big it will blow up a stock d1:bomb6 lol

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
you know as well as i do this turbo is too big it will blow up a stock d1:bomb6 lol
Then get LS rods and Vitara pistons. Reliable 300hp build right there and theoretically, you still retain a "stock" status.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Then get LS rods and Vitara pistons. Reliable 300hp build right there and theoretically, you still retain a "stock" status.
yea i know nothing about that, but have heard about it, hmmm.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Let me qualify my forthcoming question first: I'm not being a smartass or asking a question I know the answer to, or anything like that.. I'm just wondering; how is that considered stock?:confused

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Let me qualify my forthcoming question first: I'm not being a smartass or asking a question I know the answer to, or anything like that.. I'm just wondering; how is that considered stock?:confused
lol...stock parts...from another motor lol...almost like when people say stock lsvtec

41 - 60 of 63 Posts