Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For a while I`m driving with d15z6 supercharger close to 8 psi, it feels good but as we all I need more power :D

So I bought D16Y8 and will put some mods on this new engine.
My plan is to run around 10 psi, but not to port the charger, only if I`ll have the money, as I`m currently living in Finland, sending to US will be really expensive...

Lets discuss a bit, what is needed, what not, give your opinions:

1. ARP head studs
2. change pistons to PM6 and raise compression to around 10.2
3. All new engine gaskets.
4. ARP rod bolts?

So far I have:

1. Hondata intaka manifold gasket.
2. P28 ecu, ostrich crome pro...
3. Fujita intake filter
4. 450cc dsm`s
5. Ebay noname 59mm full exhaust

My goal would be 180whp

What do you think about this?

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
um change the pulley on the charger and run it on the engine you have it will handle up to about 225whp before tearing into the block. put the parts you have on the block you have already and go with it. you will be fine

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Yeah, the block can handle 12 PSI no problem, the problem is the HEAT. I suggest nitrous through the blower to cool the charge and give you that extra powah! :) Start with a 25 shot.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Yeah, the block can handle 12 PSI no problem, the problem is the HEAT. I suggest nitrous through the blower to cool the charge and give you that extra powah! :) Start with a 25 shot.
I would say you should know better about using a vague statement like 12 psi. but I'm not sure if all the superchargers arent the same. so I'll let it slide. heat would be a problem instead of nitrous I would suggest water/meth

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
I would say you should know better about using a vague statement like 12 psi. but I'm not sure if all the superchargers arent the same. so I'll let it slide. heat would be a problem instead of nitrous I would suggest water/meth
He is right by saying 12 psi on a sc, they are very different than a turbo.
I doubt the sc will hold together after that and the heat would be quite bad.
I would go with nitrous also. I heard its bad to spray through the sc, but I never had any issues when I did it.
Traction will be your next enemy
I also had a issue with head gaskets, but I tend to rev quite high. I went with arp head studs an a cometic gasket, cured my problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all!

but refill is no no for me :(
Thinking maby some one can make an aftercooler here locally. It should not be too hard for welding pros... I`ll try to find out this.

Hey what about if using the same m45 and putting it in front of the motor, and run belt from air conditioning pumps place.
Would there be any difference in heat if then let the air through intercooler rad? (yes yes it will drop pressure...)

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
thanks all!

but refill is no no for me :(
Thinking maby some one can make an aftercooler here locally. It should not be too hard for welding pros... I`ll try to find out this.

Hey what about if using the same m45 and putting it in front of the motor, and run belt from air conditioning pumps place.
Would there be any difference in heat if then let the air through intercooler rad? (yes yes it will drop pressure...)
LHT Performance, Honda & Acura Superchargers

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I don't think you want a belt/pulley/alignment nightmare. Also, the heat output is from the blower itself, not the ambient cooling around it from being sandwiched between the head and firewall. If you do go all custom, upgrade to an M90. Otherwise, check out LHT intercoolers... maybe you can get them to custom-fab you one for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have b20vtec now, its really nice :)

Couldn't finish supercharger project because I didn't have enough $ and time and place where to do mods, my goal was around 180hp at wheels and it is already quite hot and needs many mods to get the heat down.

It is a bit pity to give the charger away, I liked it really much.
But it's better to give it up before to much money is invested...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts