Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 99 civic ex 5 speed (d16y8) and i need a tranny that will fit with no mods, just a quick swap. any one have any spares they want to sell. i can send old one back 4 core if needed. the prob is if your not on the gas when it finally does go into 2nd gear (and 2nd gear only) it pops out. every other gear is fine. i dunno much about trannies but i know i can swap em out in a day. someone told my its the syncronizers but i cant have my car out of buss. for too long, cause it my only car, and im engauged, with a 1yr old son and my work is 52miles round trip. please help!!!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I have one from a 96 EX that you could have. Out of full disclosure the clutch plate is a bit worn. But I believe the pilot bearing & throw out bearing, etc. are in OK shape. I don't recall any other probs with it, but I'm not a trained mechanic so you can take that with a grain of salt.

I swapped engines & transmissions so that's why I have my old one lying around.

I'd be happy to send it to a SHO-bro in need if you'd be willing to pick up the shipping cost. That's all I'd ask. If you send me your city, zip, and state I can give you an estimate. I won't be around over the weekend nor 4th.

Let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanx Shiba-kun

thats awsome. i don't know if i'll need the rest of the stuff but i'll take it just in case. i don't get paid again til 7/7/06 so if we could wait til the following week that would be great!! as for the address to send it to my house:
brandon m bence
237 2nd ave
avonmore pa 15618
i'd be glad to pay the shipping charges. just get in touch with me later on in the week to discuss charges and everything thanks a million man.im new to the shipping thing so i don't really know what SHO is so in case you need a busniess address send it to:
Calandrella's Garage
(724) 697-4997
227 2nd Ave
Avonmore, PA 15618

·
Registered
348 Posts
i have a fresh 82k mile tranny for sale as well.pefect condition no grinds nothing.im located in bear, de 19701.make me a reasonable offer and its yours.i actually have the complete engine tranny and dc sport headers for $700 picked up.must be a reasonable offer to split them. thanks, jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
the drivetrain that lgjp2631 has is from a 98 civic ex, its a d16y8 mini me setup with 81k miles on everything. it was pulled from the civic for an 01 ls swap. everything is complete from manifold to oil pan and the tranny is still attatched to it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
thanks, dustin.yeah bosst everything pulled it with me and did a b18 swap on the car.its a strong set up complete as it gets.later, jason

·
Registered
348 Posts
thanks, dustin.yeah boost everything pulled it with me and did a b18 swap on the car.its a strong set up complete as it gets.later, jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.