Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question because i can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for, what axles should i be using if i have a d16z6 hydro tranny in an ef? i've been told that the z6 axles are too long? can someone verify? Also the axles i have in now (91 d15) have about 3/4 inches of play, are my tranny bearings shot?

· Registered
73 Posts
the stock axles will fit. only b series swaps have that issue. as for the 3/4 inch play.. can you be more specific. like are you talking about play at the hub or trans. if your talking about the trans end of the axle its possible its not in all the way. if it is but slides out the retaining clip is most likely missing. its just a little metal ring that goes in the groove around the end of the axle. gimme some more details and ill see if i cant figure out ur problem.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well after cracking the tranny the bearings on the differential are super loose, which probably translates to the inch of play i had in the axles while they were in. the axles were all the way in and the clip was also there, could the pressure of this lose bearing coming down be giving me the noticeable oil leak i had? i'm thinking of just rebuilding the outer end of the bearing, i was told by the person i bought the tranny from that it was stock with an lsd, how can i tell if the differential in front of me is in fact limited slip?
Thanks a lot for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.