Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys here's my problem... I have a 94 civic ex sedan with a D16Z6. Ive had the car for about a year and it ran great for the first 9 months. In mid November it crapped out on me. I go to the University of Northwestern Ohio in pursuit of my automotive degree. As i was pulling my car into the shop area of my class, I pushed the clutch in and it simply stalled out. I tried cranking it over and nothing happened. I determined that I had no spark and ended up replacing the distributor. This fixed the problem... for about 2 weeks. When it decided to do the exact same thing that it had prior, except when it stalled this time my tach wrapped passed the 9k mark and back around to 1k rpm although the motor was stalled at this point. I have altogether replaced the distributor, cap and rotor, ECU, main relay, plugs and wires, and have checked every part I can possibly think of that could cause a no spark condition. My timing belt is fine. Timing otherwise should be fine because it ran fine before it died. If anyone has an idea of what this might be I would greatly appreciate any info. Thanks

· Registered
10,346 Posts
My old civic had severe electrical problems, like the tach going crazy regardless of real engine speed.

Check your grounds, make sure they are in factory locations. My problem turned out to be a second VC to passenger side groound wire that I thought would help, but ended up fucking my gauge cluster up and whenever I turned the headlights on the motor would seem to lose half its power. so I removed it, things went back to normal, but a few months later, the distributor crapped out on me, 30k on it

May or may not fix the entire problem, but should help that tach from jumping around

Sorry I couldn't give ya a better answer

· Registered
1,221 Posts
My old civic had severe electrical problems, like the tach going crazy regardless of real engine speed.

Check your grounds, make sure they are in factory locations. My problem turned out to be a second VC to passenger side groound wire that I thought would help, but ended up fucking my gauge cluster up and whenever I turned the headlights on the motor would seem to lose half its power. so I removed it, things went back to normal, but a few months later, the distributor crapped out on me, 30k on it

May or may not fix the entire problem, but should help that tach from jumping around

Sorry I couldn't give ya a better answer
so some reason ive ahd the same isse. the only thing that fixed mine was a new engine harness adn a new cabin harnes. (then again i wasnt about to go through find the problem in the harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.