Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just picked up a d16z6 that only came with the head, block, vtec solenoid, and intake manifold, it has no exhaust manifold, distributor, ecu, harness, or tranny. I have a d16a6, and I have heard that I can use my distributor, harness, ecu, tranny, and exhaust manifold from my crx si. Is this true? I don't care about vtec right now because my car hasn't been running for 2 months and I need to get it running ASAP. Is there anything else I need to get it running?

Thanks

· Registered
2,120 Posts
yes its true. you might wanna use the d16a6 manifold if you dont wanna run wires to the map sensor on the tb of the z6 manifold.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
It is true you can run it as a A6 by putting all the A6 intake manifold and exhaust manifold on and the distributor can be rigged to work as well by cutting off the slots and using washers to hold it in place. This works I did it for like a month when I couldn't get the right ECU yet for my swap. Use all A6 parts exept the head and block and you'll be good also if you want the upper radiator hose to fit good take the water housing off the A6 and put it on the Z6 head and the hose will fit like stock. Peace!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.