Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused i was wondering if any1 knows where i can find a stroker kit for my d16z6 or if i bored it out would i be able to put b18 pistons in it, and also i want to know if i could put a gsr throttle body on it or where i could find info on ITBs for it, thankz alot... :confused

·
Registered
37 Posts
calm down man, you are attacking the project like it will not be there tomorrow. One thing at a time you know?

First of all, the Z6 is already a strokey motor, to "stroke" it will make the problem worse, your best bet for adding displacement on a D is w/ bore, but you're not going to be able to squeeze in 82mm B18 pistons, 79mm is about the max you can go, and even then I'd reccomend 78mm to leave some room for a couple of rebuilds if necessary. There are no OTS pistons for that application either, so expect to pay about $1000 to sleeve it, and another $600-$700 for the custo pistons it'll need. I'm not saying it is a bad idea, just understand that the price to gain ratio is no that great.

as for the GSR throttle body yeah, it'll work, bolts right on. Make sure and match the inlet flange to the TB before you bolt it on though.

and last but not least. Track down the February issue of Honda Tuning Magazine for info on building ITB's for a D. There are no aftermarket alternatives for us D guys so you'll need to build some.

Good luck, remember, research is your friend, any info you want is readily available on the internet, you just have to find the patience to search it out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
g'damn bambi, now that was a reply!

(purple clappy hand guy here)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts