Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

D16z6 to B16 (94 civic ex)

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  hybrid2kC 
#1 ·
I just got a 94 civic ex and i was wondering if i could have some one give me the down low on the swap. i need to know everything i am going to need, whcih gen of b16 will work the best and any other things you guys think i should no. i put an engine in my lude, so i know how to put an engine in. if some one could help it would greatly be appeciated.

Leon

#3 ·
To answer your question partly, it all depends on what comes with engine you buy. I had a few problems with my swap. first of all make sure you get an obd1 model so the wiring will go easier, second u need the engine, tranny, wiring harness, axels, shift linkage, and some brackets & mounts. to make your swap go easier than mine look for an engine with a distributer cap and alternator (mine didnt, it sucks looking for all of the extra parts needed)

other than that, thats all i can say

#4 ·
ok if you have a 94 Honda civic ex first i well tell you is if you live in California be Sher to a obd 1 b16a3 out of a delsol, the who complete swap then just drop it right in,you wont really run in to problems it well fit right in all you need to do after that is run a wire form the 2 mane connectors located by the passenger strut in the engine bay for the knock sensor so you wont throw a check engine light,in less you run the p28 ecu but it wont be reff ligel.and jdm is reff ligel.

#7 ·
it doesnt matter you are still a noob, im a noob too.

Reactions: redpanda87
#11 ·
I posted a similar question a while back on another site, and the members tore me a new one.... yeah! I learned the SEARCH button pretty quick and now I use it very efficiently. I suggest you start on the right track.
there's ton's of good info thats been previously posted.

Brittany is hot, I'm more of a Kate Hudson lover lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.