Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really thought a T3 would be overkill for my d16z6 but it seems to be restricted. I think that because my setup is constantly blowing flange gaskets and breaking welds on the manifold. I also know the turbo manifold is running SUPER hot because I painted the manifold with 500f paint, then 2000f paint then powdercoated it black and it all turned white and burned off.

So heres tha deal, I just got a garett T3 almost I dentical to the one im using now but the compressor fins on each side seem slightly smaller.

im thinking about adding this but not sure if I would just add a T3 flange to a log style manifold or make a down pipe from the exhaust side of one turbo go to the exhaust-in side of the next turbo. I dont do anymore street racing so what would be the best setup for 1/4 time? and I dont want to get a bigger turbo, i just wanna work with what I got.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Aren't twin turbos used on engines with two cylinder banks? They usually upgrade to a single turbo.

It would be much more efficient to run one turbo. You are limited by the amount of boost the engine can take, not the amount of boost you have available. By running two turbos, you have twice the lag and are limited to the same psi.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
have fun spooling that shit. if youre gonna do it atleast use t25s

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
twin turbos on a sohc 1.6 = bad idea, or better yet, stupid idea.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

look this over closely, I spent some time on checking over this setup. Basically the t25 will spool faster than the t3. so with this setup the t25 will spool to 4psi and the t3 will already be starting to spool to continue on to ~12psi total.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
SILude_92 said:
Have fun with that. Total waste of money and time. Lag would be hell
dont put the t25 first. if its only on 4 psi, then a shitload of exhaust will leave your system via wastegate before it even gets to the t3.

and dont mount the wastegate that far from the t25. you dont want wastegate lag.

and its a pipedream

but like you said, you will have small lag on the t25 to give you somethin before that monster spools. just sayin itll take much more time, especiall since that t25 will reach 4psi real quick, lots of exhaust will leave, unless you could route the wastegate back into the downpipe to spool the t3 still?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I saw pics of someone who did that somewhere online a while ago. hondamod had it when they were up and homemadeturbo had it too. Its been done and I think it was just for show. It took the kid a TON of time to build the manifold from scratch. It really was ridiculous!! Kewl looking but built only for show.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
MrPlow2k69 said:
I saw pics of someone who did that somewhere online a while ago. hondamod had it when they were up and homemadeturbo had it too. Its been done and I think it was just for show. It took the kid a TON of time to build the manifold from scratch. It really was ridiculous!! Kewl looking but built only for show.
yeah i was just about to comment on the manifold, thats gona cost some dollars to have that made

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.