Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my boy just installed D2 coilovers on his '97 'teg, and he asked me about the knobs on top of them. (he bought these used, so there's no instructions)

i figured they were the stiffness adjustability, but neither of us could figure out how the hell TO adjust them.
you can pull the rod out of the strut, wtf does this do?? :confused
then i tried turning them when they were in the strut, but it was nearly impossible.

also, what do the 1-6 "teardrop" symbols stand for????

·
Registered
9,931 Posts
you mean this knob?

the knob is for damper adjustablity. turn left for soft or right for hard blah blah blah.

maybe the reason you cant turn them is because you tightened the nut underneath the knob? i think if you loosen it a little the knob will turn.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Another reason you can't turn it is because the set screw that then allen end of the knob attaches too could be stripped...or the piston in there is just fucked. I have one D2 coilover that won't adjust anymore. Still trying to figure out where to send it to in order to have it looked at. Would I still run D2's? For the price I initially paid for them? Hell ya. What am I running on my coupe now? Function Form's. They feel good. I want to have the D2's rebuilt and thrown onto the hatch though, they feel firmer over all...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.