Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my antenna wont go down now, i hear the motor......i searched and found nothing helpful, i dont want to sound rude or nothing, but i dont want any1s suggestions or opinions or anything, i want steps how to fix it, how to get to it

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
buy a new antenna and install it. On my car you just pull back the panels in the trunk and you will see the antenna and motor. then there are two bolts and you slide it right out.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
just buy a new one. its a simple install (about 45min) and its a cheap part too.

like said above, pull the panels off in the trunk and the motor will be right there. if it doesnt go down you might need to cut the mast because the antena will need to slide through the hole into the trunk to be pulled out

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
I'll sell you my antenna, and get an S2000 antenna for myself. :) Or you could just do the S2000 antenna yourself. :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i can hear the motor. how exactly do u take off the panels, just pull em out? im thinkin about the s2000 antenna, how do i go about doing that and last, those little clips, the 1s that u pushe the center of em to come loose, where could i get more of those? i broke a few lol

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Most of the interior panels are either clips or just yank, but the side panels in the trunk have a bolt or two. You can probably get more clips at the dealer, I've broken a few... let me know how much they charge you if you get them.

The S2000 antenna can be bought at the dealer for around $20. The conversion kit... someone on this board was selling them for about $20 but that was a couple of years ago... I'd try a search here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
if you want to get in touch w/ the guy who makes the S2000 antenna, PM me and i'll pass along his e-mail. he is VERY REPUTABLE. i bought 2 kits off him and each time no problems what-so-ever...

-M-

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just take out the back seats, the rear center and driver side interior panel there are a few bolts and then the rest just pops out. Go get a haynes manuel and it tell you exactly how to take it out, and then there are two bolts the hold the antenna motor, on but fir take a flat head and turn the circle thing on the exterior part around the antenna off, then undo the antenna wire and pulol it down and out. Its fairly easy.heres a good link http://www.*****************/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=859

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i dont kno the stars. write it out without a link so it shows up, and white LS, u wouldnt beleive it, i went 2 the dealer, those clips go for 4.50 a peice.....................thats insane

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
playahwitgame said:
yea i dont kno the stars. write it out without a link so it shows up, and white LS, u wouldnt beleive it, i went 2 the dealer, those clips go for 4.50 a peice.....................thats insane
HOLY CRAP $4.50 each?! Wow, lunch special at my favorite teriyaki joint or... a shitty plastic clip smaller than a popcorn kernel that's bound to break. Absolutely ridiculous. Thanks for letting us know, rep for you.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
playahwitgame said:
:eek wow, thats out of control. I would think that you'd be able to get a whole bag of those clips for that much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts