Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

DAMN SUNROOF

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MikeKid 
#1 ·
the shit doesnt want to close its just the rear right side. the rest is fine, any tips on how to battle this problem?thanks

#2 ·
try this??

My sun roof was doin the same thing. so I made sure the rails had a healthy does of lubricant (just an oil based liquid lubricant) and then made sure there were no obstructions. I cleaned out the space at the front of the track and then it closed all good.

#5 ·
mine just doesnt want to close. i think its my switch or something. i press it to open and it does, but when i press it to close it wont do crap. i have to play around with the switch, and when i puch the sun roof. its piccing me off.

#7 ·
They are old and they SUCK!

I have to punch mine too!

Some of the parts in the rails break pretty easily. You can take the roof part off with just two skrews/bolts and check the pieces.

I want rid of mine... looking for a plane glass piece to fit in so I can rip out all the power shit.

#8 ·
my sun roof has started to rust a little around the rear of the sun roof. do you know where i can get a glass insert for the thing? or a fiberglass one or something? the rust is really pissin me off... it flakes off at high speeds when the sunroof is open. me thinks it's also heavy. any idea how much weight i would save if i removed it?

#9 ·
I had the same problem with my CRX, the sunroof would open just fine but then it would only close half way. You have to take the actually roof off, and make sure that everything is tightened down. The frame rails have to be securely down, mine would get loose and when they would come out of alignment that is what wouldn't let the roof close. I would just make sure that everything is tight before you put the roof back on and you shouldn't have a problem after that.

#12 ·
dang...now i wanna check my sunroof, ima check mine tommorrow. it takes forever to close

#13 ·
just thought of this idea... what about a fiberglass insert for the sunroof? i don't use it that much so losing it wouldn't be that bad... any idea how much work that would be? thanks

#15 ·
wd40 worked pretty good in helping my sunroof move.....i never thought it could move that fast through the rials

#16 ·
Only one side closes: Check if there is any obstruction anywhere. (that's what happened to mine) and the lubricate, lubricate, lubricate... like you're ready to masturbate...;)

Doesn't close: 95% of the time, the switch is dirty (that's what happened to mine). Pop it out and do some quick cleaning... then your sunroof should be as good as new...

Fiberglass Insert: Go to this forum and ask about it. This guy ('DropShop') used to have them and still probably does. Remember, it's just an insert, not a replacement. So your sunroof becomes completely dysfunctional afterwards.... I think it's only $80...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.