Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the gf wants to take a break. She's so amazing and she's an awesome friend. But lately she's been hanging out with her friends a lot and she feels bad for not putting everything in our relationship. I kinda felt that things were going this way but I was able to justify what was going on because she hadn't seen her friends much over the 15 months we've been going out. I'm not gonna be a dick about it and be like well breaks are bs and it's over... because I know she's not going to be hooking up with guys (don't post anything retarded because you don't know this girl). I'm not letting this bring me down because it's making me focus a lot on other aspects of my life and I'm thinking about the things I've been taking for granted. I'm just having a lot of mixed feelings because there's nothing on my part that I could have/can do. There's a lot more important things to life than girlfriends but I'm not going to lose one of my best friends over something stupid. Hopefully this will all work out some day. She wants to talk more about it tonight. I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Thats cool. Hey you're right.. breaks dont always lead to like some sort of break up. How long was she thinking? A few weeks? Once you get back with her you're relationship should become even stronger than it was originally. Because you have been apart from eachother.. good luck and yea, keep us posted. You sound exactly like me, the way you are taking it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I understand with the whole comment thing.. since my boyfriend lives in Boston.. 90% of people I talk to tell me hes prolly cheating on me and im not worth it.. But they dont know him.. Good luck with yout situation hun.. keep us posted..

·
Registered
632 Posts
this post is interesting to me cause ive been in that situation b4.
my gf at the time said she wanted a break and her reason was b/c she felt like she was abusing her friends cause she never hung out with them nemore.
SO...
that to me means she is in need of "her own space". she may feel like she never gets any time to herself anymore, but i dont know this girl so its just a mabey.
i would definately try and clarify w/o being to forward about what she means by taking a break.
but she has definately put the ball in her court all by herself by saying that, so just try to follow in her lead and be there for her but yeah i dont know how much you hang out or call eachother but i would def like u said focus on your life and dont let this get to you to much. like u know, hang out with your freinds, work on your car and have god times. mabey only call her a few times a week for now?
i dunno but good luck. i was with my girl over 2 years after she said that to me. but i just tried to be as understanding as i could be and played it cool and we got back together after a few weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.