Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 2 more events left in the season in our club (www.autoklubpolskichicago.org) and today's second place dropped me into second place for the season so far. I'll have to win the remaining 2 events to win the season.. It was a fun track, pretty hard, and lots of steering work, nonetheless, I got about 14-15 fun runs after the event (which was 4 runs), so a nice practice day..

here are 2 of my fun runs.
http://mkx2.home.mindspring.com/mkx_itr_01_additional.wmv
http://mkx2.home.mindspring.com/mkx_itr_02_additional.wmv

hopefully next time I can improve to get back into first place.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: dang, second place (vids)

Mugenlude said:
Holy Chit!!!!! That is a lot of runs....
hehe, yeah, it was just me and a guy in MR2 going one after another for about an hour. .hehe.. they brought a brand new Civic Si from dealership too, so we got to test drive that thing around the course too. It was quite fun, although the civic was tight and it 'hit' me in the knee on one of the turns, hehe, so now my knee is pretty swallen now.. blah

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Our region you can get 12 runs during the day.

4 competition runs
work one heat two fun runs (4 each)

Then after our event is over we have "Run til you Drop" where if you are a member of our region you can keep doing runs. You have to record your own times from the LED screen.

· Registered
128 Posts
It looks like your car is understeering really bad. Your rear wheel is off the ground on every turn. Maybe you need to get a bigger rear sway bar?

Damn good drivin though!

· Registered
1,833 Posts
ozarkbw said:
It looks like your car is understeering really bad. Your rear wheel is off the ground on every turn. Maybe you need to get a bigger rear sway bar?

Damn good drivin though!
That happens with alot of FWD cars. Perfectly normal.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm, I don't think that's understeer causing it, I'm keeping it stock, so I can't change the suspension to make it any lower or stiffer (I could change shocks, but no money for that now).

Although I was using Kumhos, I still could toss the car into turns, so it still felt very neutral, but yeah, FWD = understeer, so gotta break before those turns :)

· Registered
1,833 Posts
MKX-R said:
hmm, I don't think that's understeer causing it, I'm keeping it stock, so I can't change the suspension to make it any lower or stiffer (I could change shocks, but no money for that now).

Although I was using Kumhos, I still could toss the car into turns, so it still felt very neutral, but yeah, FWD = understeer, so gotta break before those turns :)
Even with my stiff springs, Koni Yellows, OEM sway bars and strut bars my rear inside tire can lift off the ground. I also brake REAL late and turn hard. :)

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CivicSiRacer said:
Even with my stiff springs, Koni Yellows, OEM sway bars and strut bars my rear inside tire can lift off the ground. I also brake REAL late and turn hard. :)
At the end of the day I put on my street tires (Potenza S-03), and I took a few runs with those, the only difference was that the wheel didn't lift of as much, because the tire are not as sticky as kumhos, and I slid a bit more going into that slalom (I don't have video from that, we were all packed and ready to go).

I try to brake as late as possible, and in some instances (like that slalom), and brake as I'm turning, that slides out the back and sets me up for a perfect turn (well, nearly perfect, it comes out the way I want it only about 25% of the time, it's hard to slide so perfectly).

haha, I checked this morning, I still have some 'cone blood' on the front lip of the car, I killed one cone head-on, I still don't know how I did that. hehehe.

ah, CivicSiRacer, how are those Koni yellows? are those the same ones that are available through www.comptechusa.com ? did they improve a lot? do you think they would make a difference on the ITR?

· Registered
1,833 Posts
MKX-R said:
haha, I checked this morning, I still have some 'cone blood' on the front lip of the car, I killed one cone head-on, I still don't know how I did that. hehehe.

ah, CivicSiRacer, how are those Koni yellows? are those the same ones that are available through www.comptechusa.com ? did they improve a lot? do you think they would make a difference on the ITR?
I never took off the cone marks from the past 3 events :)

Shocks will make one of the biggest differences on a car next to DOT Racing tires. I have off the shelf Koni Yellows from Ground Control. They have adjustments for rebound. You could get them revalved for rebound and compression. I have my fronts adjusted softer than the rears so when you enter a corner they stay compressed instead of rebounding 1/2 way through a turn. Helps the tires dig in more. Stiff in the rear to get the back end to rotate.

If you are to be competitive you need every edge you can get. :) People at Nationals are spending $2000/shock on things like Motons with external reservoirs and such.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.