Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything dangerous about dropping a car? I have tokico struts and springs and I have heard horror stories about peoples cars wheels falling off while driving because it was not meant to be lowered? Or the drop itself will cause more and tear on your wheels? Or is it people who have cut springs that are lowered that are in danger? Also what happens if I don't getter camber kits for my car since it's really needed people told during my alignment? thx!

· Registered
135 Posts
the dangers

you get shitty ride if you do a janky drop

you can bust your springs and shocks if you cut springs, just dont do it

on a good drop, only dangers are:

-wearin out your tires like mad
-parking too close to curb, opening your door into a curb
-not clearing speedbumps
-getting beached on driveways unless you go diagonal
-crack your headers if you are too low
-lil cement parking barriers sratch front bumper or rear bumper or dent exhaust

most of these can be prevented by paying attention to driving/parking

· Registered
466 Posts
You should get a camber kit for the 2 front tires at least. I dropped my Accord with some neuspeed sports and my front tires keep wearing out the inner tread pretty fast.:cool:

· Registered
2,988 Posts
I have my civic (yeah I know this is an Accord forum) dropped on Neuspeed sports and Bilstein HD's. The ride is as good or if not smoother than stock and corners like a champ!!

The only downfall I've had (it's a big one) is an uneven drop :mad:
So, I am getting coilovers to fix that.

I would get a camber kit if the drop is 1.5" or better!

· Registered
201 Posts
jocktheglide said:
Is there anything dangerous about dropping a car? I have tokico struts and springs and I have heard horror stories about peoples cars wheels falling off while driving because it was not meant to be lowered? Or the drop itself will cause more and tear on your wheels? Or is it people who have cut springs that are lowered that are in danger? Also what happens if I don't getter camber kits for my car since it's really needed people told during my alignment? thx!
just dont get any cheap ass struts or springs. get the best that u can afford. trust me it will be worth it.

· Registered
135 Posts
smkdank14 said:
You should get a camber kit for the 2 front tires at least. I dropped my Accord with some neuspeed sports and my front tires keep wearing out the inner tread pretty fast.:cool:
what year do you have, cuz at 1.8 inch drop my front wheels are only -.1 degree, which is nothing, my rears are -1.3 degrees. Im also on neuspeed sports, no camber kits

· Registered
222 Posts
is it bad if u get da eibach pro kit or sportline and never change ur shocks?

· Registered
679 Posts
jocktheglide said:
yeah , but nothing will happen when lowering your car properley.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my setup........

Ok here is my set up and camber numbers. I have tokico illumina struts and their red springs that came with the kit. Here is my camber numbers left front: -1.6, left right -2.2, left rear -1.5, left right -1.7. So as you can see the right side front is extreme due to my big friend (read post in suspesin set about my fat friend rocks my shocks) he weighs close to 400lbs and is 5'10" the people knew a big person messed up my suspension because my frame is slightly bent due to him. It was funny because they asked, "Is there a heavy person who sits in the passenger seat?" I was like yeah there is and he is close to 400lbs! The guy have a big smirk and tried not to laugh. Anyways I think I"m going for INgalls camber kits because to fix the -2.2 side ingalls has a kit that will correct it up to 3 degrees so I can get it back to neutral. thx for the replies guys.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
you think thats bad try rolling on stock shocks with Skunk 2 coilovers whoooaaa it suxs
LOL SKunk2 Coilovers are meant for racing. They are stiff as hell but they handle corners real well. I'm on Ground Control Coilovers with Stock Shocks. Rides nice and smooth. If my tire wears too fast, i'll just raise it :D

· Registered
1,923 Posts
the ingalls extreme camber kits that corrects up to 3.25 degrees of negative camber is what i have on my car...the only problem is if i correct for mroe than 1 degree my control arms whack into the inner fender.

· Registered
679 Posts
Accord_F22 said:

LOL SKunk2 Coilovers are meant for racing. They are stiff as hell but they handle corners real well. I'm on Ground Control Coilovers with Stock Shocks. Rides nice and smooth. If my tire wears too fast, i'll just raise it :D
haha i know i went from APC coilovers on stock shocks, to skunk 2's on stock shocks, too skunks on Koni's, too GC's on KYB's, then too Neuspeed Sports on KYB's. Ive done so many suspension changes its crazy.

· Registered
135 Posts
Accord92sir said:

you think thats bad try rolling on stock shocks with Skunk 2 coilovers whoooaaa it suxs:rolleyes:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha

understatement of the century. i have 2 friends with skunk2 coilovers on stock shocks, and i have never been in a harsher, bumpier car in my life. some progressive springrates are definitely needed. You go over railroad tracks yuo have to check for your fillings. especially intgra at -3.5 inches. even the 5th gen accord at -2.2 was bouncy as hell. come to thinnk of it, even my friend with lude on skunks and illuminas bounced alot.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bouncy.........

Aren't all low riders when lowered bouncy because you feel the road more and you can feel how imperfect the road really is? I think before with a stock setup you don't feel (grip as in the tire don't stay on the road) as good as a lowered setup? So the stiffer that means there is more contact to road surface am I correct? Thats what I figured because mine is slight bouncy at the stiffest setting on my illuminas. Man also ever since I have washed my car I hear sqeaky noises coming from my suspension for some odd reason this sucks because I think my car is going to fall apart. I have some strut mounts that are polyurethane you guys or gals think this might be the problem? I have the upper and lower bump stops in my strut setup.

· Registered
1,923 Posts
my ride is pretty smooth...its lowered like 2.75 inches in front and 2.5 in back. not bouncey at all, bouncey comes from usually springs that are too stiff for the shock to control, like for example race springs with stock shocks....

· Registered
78 Posts
I'm going to put a set of Neuspeed Sofsports and KYB AGX shocks on my 90 accord. The drop should be right about 1 inch and the spring-rates are equal to the sport series. I've heard that a cmaber kit is not needed to get the alignment, camber, caster, and toe back to factory specs. If you're interested in the same setup, I found some pretty good prices...$126 for the springs and $280 for the shocks.

· Registered
766 Posts
i suppose you can get a ticket for that...since it prohibits you from driving normally....fucking cops:mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.