Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I've done it and will say that it's a pain in the ass!! Once you take off the lower panels, center dash, glove box and instrument cluster you will see a brace running across. I ended up removing the dash, leaving this brace, but I think if you unbolt this brace you will save some time because there are screws on the back side you have to remove. I found out after so do a litttle research first so you don't do things you don't need to.

· Registered
806 Posts
its a time consuming pain in the ass. just start at the glove compartment and unscrew every screw you can find. thats pretty much what i did.

· Registered
243 Posts
Why do you want to paint your dash?

The best thing is to get it recovered with the desired color. It will last longer and look a lot better. If you want to paint something paint your vents, trim pieces, glove compartment, etc. It is never a great idea to try and paint vinyl. I will have pictures on my web site soon so you can see what mine looks like.

www.civicduty.20m.com

· Registered
10 Posts
Painting your vents and stuff is so "RICE". I'm sorry but I see it all the time and talking about lasting a long time, use regular paint on plastic, and see how long it will last. If anything get a dash kit. And you don't paint the dash you dye it. Yes you spray it on but it seeps into the vinyl and if done right, will last a long time. I did mine over a year ago and still looks great.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know you use vinyl dye but i was just asking. i have dyed the whole rest of my car and its the one thing i have to do to complete it. Its not RICE. Ill post pics when its done. It will look good. Thanks for the help!

· Registered
10 Posts
I figured you knew, my comment was for "romelo5179" there are other alternitives to changing the color of your dash and will last just as long, if not longer. And "RICE" is all in the eye of the beholder. But That's up to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.