Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the lude to the track yesterday. I ran a consisent 15.4. I was wandering what you guys thought about this time. My mods are I/H/E 11 pound clutchmasters flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch. With my driving, that isnt so great, I thought this was a descent run. But I figured you guys were the experts so feedback would be great.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
what kinda car do you have??! :rolleyes
its kinda hard for us to decide whether or not thats a good time if we dunno what kinda car/engine it is.

buttt.... considering i've hit 15.1 with my 4th gen H23 with I/H/E, you should be somewhere around there if you have a 4th gen H23, or even faster if you have an H22 or a 5th gen.

unless you suck at driving :hehe

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
he has a 92 SI as per his profile.

its not a horrible time. just need more practice. post up your time slip so the 1/4 mile guys can analyze it.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i hear ya man, i'm soooo close to 14's. i'm hoping with my new clutch and flywheel that i'll be able to achieve it this season :w00t
and considering you already had the clutch and fw installed, you should be a BIT faster than me

just keep practicing those launches, completely strip your trunk ('specially if you have a system), lower your tire pressure to like 15psi.... and you should be able to taste 14's :D

*edit* and take those heavy-ass 17's off the front if you happen to have some :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
i hear ya man, i'm soooo close to 14's. i'm hoping with my new clutch and flywheel that i'll be able to achieve it this season :w00t
and considering you already had the clutch and fw installed, you should be a BIT faster than me

just keep practicing those launches, completely strip your trunk ('specially if you have a system), lower your tire pressure to like 15psi.... and you should be able to taste 14's :D

*edit* and take those heavy-ass 17's off the front if you happen to have some :p

how close?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
DOHCVTEC190 said:
how close?
twokexlv6coupe said:
buttt.... considering i've hit 15.1 with my 4th gen H23 with I/H/E, you should be somewhere around there if you have a 4th gen H23, or even faster if you have an H22 or a 5th gen.

unless you suck at driving :hehe

·
Registered
146 Posts
Last time at the strip I kept running low 15's, 15 flat being my best. I was so close!!!! I never thought about lowering the tire pressure though, maybe that would help. 15.4 is pretty good for what ur driving. Ive got a 98 with I/E ur pulley set, exedy stage 1 and fidanza flywheel and like I said my best was 15.0. My pspec ss is on the way, maybe with that and the corrected tire pressure I can finally dip into the 14's :clap

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
you should be able to hit 14's pretty easily in a 5th gen tho, you damn H22's :mad
they run 15.1 stock with a good driver. and with your mods... you should be in teh 14's.

keep practicing ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
BerzerkerViP said:
Iv heard other wise and seen proof, that having bolt ons, like intake exhaust cam gears or w/e get vafc tune and would help over all power.

www.chicagolandpreludeclub.com dyno sheets there with vafc and no vafc and so on, if ur not 2 lazy check it out.
read about what it actually does and your ideas and thoughts regarding it might change. You can get a p28/crome/tuning for around 400 bux. Hmmm, bout the same price as getting a vafc and getting a tune. Sure it can make power. But i can gurantee you that if you took a copy of two cars; one tuned on a vafc, one tuned on program like hondata, crome, etc. The one tuned on the better program is always going to win because you can independently adjust your ignition timing. During a tune.....wanna guess when you gain the most power?......when you are tuning the igntion.

that why the vafc sucks. Ignition timing adjustments are only a side effect of tricking the map sensor when you add and subtract fuel.

vafc < *

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
road.head said:
read about what it actually does and your ideas and thoughts regarding it might change. You can get a p28/crome/tuning for around 400 bux. Hmmm, bout the same price as getting a vafc and getting a tune. Sure it can make power. But i can gurantee you that if you took a copy of two cars; one tuned on a vafc, one tuned on program like hondata, crome, etc. The one tuned on the better program is always going to win because you can independently adjust your ignition timing. During a tune.....wanna guess when you gain the most power?......when you are tuning the igntion.

that why the vafc sucks. Ignition timing adjustments are only a side effect of tricking the map sensor when you add and subtract fuel.

vafc < *
Very true :clap

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.