Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm guessing most of you have US model Accords, but I'll ask the question anyway.

On my Canadian model, the daytime running lights have stopped working. I've replaced the bulbs with new ones (originals were still in) and have checked the fuse. Everything seems fine.

Also, when testing the high beams (same bulb as DRL), only the left high beam works, not the right.

Does this sound like a wiring issue? I've checked nearly all fuses and they are all ok.

Thanks,

· Registered
7,297 Posts
relay, perhaps?

i don't know much about DRL, but do the bulbs work if you turn the switch on, or is the DRL function just not work.

i dont know how to word that better, but like, do the bulbs work if you actually turn them on and it's the DLR part (something automatic) that doesnt work?

also when you changed the bulbs did you notice that the filaments were busted?

· Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
relay, perhaps?

i don't know much about DRL, but do the bulbs work if you turn the switch on, or is the DRL function just not work.

i dont know how to word that better, but like, do the bulbs work if you actually turn them on and it's the DLR part (something automatic) that doesnt work?

also when you changed the bulbs did you notice that the filaments were busted?

The easiest way to put it is that there are two modes for the DRL.

The first is automatic - when the car is taken out of park and the hand brake is released, the car will automatically turn on the daytime running lights, which is a low beam emitted from the high beam bulbs.

The second is on the same switch as the headlights - not sure about US models, but mine has two steps on the headlight stock - first will turn on the rear lights as well as illuminate hte front turn signals, and the DRL will already be on as long as you're not in park and the hand brake is released. The next step turns on the headlights.

When I changed the bulbs, the filaments weren't busted, but the bulbs were scorched pretty good - mostly black around the outside.

I'm interested in the relays, but I'm not sure if I am competent enough to check them, are they easy to find/access? What tools would be required to check the relay itself?

Thanks for the response. :number1

· Registered
7,297 Posts
i wanna say the headlight relay will be under the hood in the fusebox there (probably near the battery), the car's manual will say where and which one it is. it might be in the fusebox inside the car, not sure.

when you turn the headlights on you should hear it click if it's working, if you don't hear it click, then it doesn't work and that's probably the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.