Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
if you really wanted em you could make it yourself. just buy 2 30A relays and run new wires to the pos (+) of the light bulb. and then have the remote wire turn on say when the clock is turned on. or something that comes on when you start your car. :)

if ya dont understand i can explain more. but im sure there is also a kit out there. depends on if ya want to spent time on it and which one is cheaper. i bought upgraded headlight harness for cheaper then i could of made them. and they are nicer looking also. :D

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
can u show how to do it..and some pics of it on...that sounds interesting.

·
Registered
694 Posts
AccOrDZteCh said:
can u show how to do it..and some pics of it on...that sounds interesting.
well maybe i will draw up a diagram tonight. and i dont have pics becuase i dont have it. but its the first thing that came to mind. and it would do the job good. also when you say daytime running lights. do you guys want like the highbeams on but not quite at full light output? or just some lowbeams on?

if you want high beams on and not full light out put, you could also put a resistor in there to hold back some power. or you could just hook it up. or you could just hook it up to the low beams also. or even your corner lights. pretty much anything. its up to you. :) hell even your dome lights :p

but i will draw up some tonight

·
Registered
694 Posts
hmm. now that im not sure. you need something to tell it to shut off the remote wire for the relay.

what did you use loxllxol? or did you not use any?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Quick and simple, research a 4 prong relay or a 5 prong relay, once you figure out the relay.....................you will be golden.

you need to wire your "DRL" to a relay on when car start. and off when low/high beam on. Fairly simple if you jot and scribble on a notepad paper for a few hours........and then work with the actual idea on your car for a few more.

·
Registered
210 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Quick and simple, research a 4 prong relay or a 5 prong relay, once you figure out the relay.....................you will be golden.

you need to wire your "DRL" to a relay on when car start. and off when low/high beam on. Fairly simple if you jot and scribble on a notepad paper for a few hours........and then work with the actual idea on your car for a few more.
This is exactly what my friend did on my car. I did not use any DRL kits, just 2 relays. My high beams are at 100% intensity when they are on, so I just aimed my high beams lower to that it wouldn't be so blinding.

I'm sure you can just buy a DRL kit if you want partial intensity.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
loxllxol said:
This is exactly what my friend did on my car. I did not use any DRL kits, just 2 relays. My high beams are at 100% intensity when they are on, so I just aimed my high beams lower to that it wouldn't be so blinding.

I'm sure you can just buy a DRL kit if you want partial intensity.
Be careful of how low you aim your highs though man.
Your highs are a bit higher than your low beams which means that when your lows are on....they will be lighting the road more in front of your bumper, than throwing the light down the street (where it should be going)

·
Registered
210 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Be careful of how low you aim your highs though man.
Your highs are a bit higher than your low beams which means that when your lows are on....they will be lighting the road more in front of your bumper, than throwing the light down the street (where it should be going)
On my projectors I can adjust high and low beams separately.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dood, i looked every where for a DRL kit made for the hi beams and I don't think they make them...

I want something that will turn on my hi's at lower intensity and turn off when low's are on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here yah go!

Dude, I brought up google and searched for Daytime Running Lights Kits and the first thing I brought up was this:

This is what your looking for I think.

DRL Kit Website

Have fun!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Here yah go!

MugenAccord said:
Dude, I brought up google and searched for Daytime Running Lights Kits and the first thjing I brought was this:

DRL Kit Website

Have fun!
hmm
might as well get this. thats just a touch bit more then what you would more then likely pay for all the parts. but this one is already assebled and plug and play. and such. it wouldnt be a bad investment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cool, glad to help.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Here yah go!

MugenAccord said:
Dude, I brought up google and searched for Daytime Running Lights Kits and the first thing I brought up was this:

DRL Kit Website

Have fun!
Dood,which one is for the hi's? I want a kit that will turn on the 9005 at low intensity and turn off when the 9006 is turned on.

None of those kits will do that.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts