Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay... i have been researching the threads here about the headers for the itr. i see many of you are running the jdm itr headers. does anyone have any response about the dc jdm 4-1 headers? does anyone know how the quality compares to that of the jdm itr? i looked at the great header test and the dyno says they are close with the dc coming out 2hp better with the same tq. is there a reason why everyone is choosing the jdm over the dc?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I'm going to wager a guess that guys are getting the JDM ITR header cause it's a JDM ITR header... it has that sort of panache

I'm sure there are ground clearance issues as well, I think the DC sits a bit lower (watch how far you drop)...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
People usually get the JDM ITR header becuase they usually get decent deals on them that are less than the DC/JDM or also that you can mount the JDM heat shields on the header and look stock while still having the gain of the header...


Trust me it's NOT the JDM Bling Bling thing.... Have you ever seen the JDM ITR header? It's NOT pretty...


A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
I have the DC JDM and I am impressed with it, I got it for about 300.00 from Inlinefour.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1Greyteg, i feel you on the sleeper effect...

Phoenix20, so what is the ground clearance like? i am lowered...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
foochang said:
1Greyteg, i feel you on the sleeper effect...

Phoenix20, so what is the ground clearance like? i am lowered...
ME personally?

I'm SleepeR on the outside and the best of what works on the inside. Spoon, Toda, ATS, Comptech, Ray's, Carsound, Yada, Yada, Yada...


If it works I use it, I don't purchase for the Bling Bling effect, and I don't jump the JDM bandwagon...


A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
i am not lowered and have barely scraped the header once on a real high speed mountain. Remember the DC JDM has slightly larger primaries than the jdm header. it give slightly better gains. It will require a different 2.5" flange for your cat, available from SMSP for about 160$. Very nice gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
there is a regular dc sports header and a JDM dc header.... yes. the regular header will fit your stock cat back exhaust, the JDM will require a custom CAT with a 2.5 collector flange and gasket, or a straight pipe. the OEM S2000 exhaust gasket fits the JDM DC header perfectly and will cost you 23$ from the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
I am not lowered so I haven't had problems. I have seen both JDM and USDM DC headers that's pretty much how I knew the difference. Also used a tape measure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
foochang said:
okay... i have been researching the threads here about the headers for the itr. i see many of you are running the jdm itr headers. does anyone have any response about the dc jdm 4-1 headers? does anyone know how the quality compares to that of the jdm itr? i looked at the great header test and the dyno says they are close with the dc coming out 2hp better with the same tq. is there a reason why everyone is choosing the jdm over the dc?

thanks
http://www.automotiveperformanceengineering.com/header.html
this will answer your question well most of it for power wise and price wise i dunno lol


if you lazy to click on the link here the info


Header Results: Individual Dyno Results JDM Jun download --- View HP/TQ 186/ 138
JDM Spoon download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 138
JDM ITR 4-1 download --- View HP/TQ 185/ 137
Mugan mod. hytech download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 136
DC JDM 4-1 download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 137
Comptech 4-2-1 download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 137
JDM Toda download --- View HP/TQ 190/ 137
JDM Mugen download --- View HP/TQ 186/ 135
SMSP header download --- View HP/TQ 190/ 136
Type 1 download --- View HP/TQ 186/ 137
2.5" exhaust/test pipe download --- View HP/TQ 180/ 131
Stock download --- View HP/TQ 176/ 126
SMSP / Toda download --- View Overlay ----NEW
DC JDM / Type 1 download --- View Overlay
Type1 / Toda download --- View Overlay
Check back soon, we will be posting some info on the Mustang Dyno and explain some differences between them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: dc jdm 4-1 headers???

JDMFreak said:
http://www.automotiveperformanceengineering.com/header.html
this will answer your question well most of it for power wise and price wise i dunno lol


if you lazy to click on the link here the info


Header Results: Individual Dyno Results JDM Jun download --- View HP/TQ 186/ 138
JDM Spoon download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 138
JDM ITR 4-1 download --- View HP/TQ 185/ 137
Mugan mod. hytech download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 136
DC JDM 4-1 download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 137
Comptech 4-2-1 download --- View HP/TQ 187/ 137
JDM Toda download --- View HP/TQ 190/ 137
JDM Mugen download --- View HP/TQ 186/ 135
SMSP header download --- View HP/TQ 190/ 136
Type 1 download --- View HP/TQ 186/ 137
2.5" exhaust/test pipe download --- View HP/TQ 180/ 131
Stock download --- View HP/TQ 176/ 126
SMSP / Toda download --- View Overlay ----NEW
DC JDM / Type 1 download --- View Overlay
Type1 / Toda download --- View Overlay
Check back soon, we will be posting some info on the Mustang Dyno and explain some differences between them.

:confused:
WTF???

ummm okay thanks... did you even read what i asked??? i did say i have read the great header test... i even compared the difference in the two headers that i am questioning... but i appreciate you printing the info on the link...

what i was trying to assess is why most everyone here uses the jdm itr header as oppossed to the dc jdm header when the great header test says the dc jdm header is better on dyno???
thanks for telling me what i already knew...:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
no carb exemption has been issued for the JDM DC header. nice zombie thread...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
from what i saw of the testing the DC sports header is an awesome buy. but yes i think the ground clearance on the collector is a little lower and easier to bottom out on from what i have heard. I had the JDM 4/1 when i was NA and i liked it very much. This was before the great header test though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Its not so much the clearance on the collector, the real problem is at the turn from the downpipes right before the merge. This is where i have hit mine and have a small flat spot...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top